Multi Display/Zone Question...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Senn, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Senn

Senn shits delicious bro

I just bought a 32" Aquos 1080p LCD to serve as mostly a computer monitor and a clone.

I have an HTPC with dual DVI outputs. DVI output 1 is ran thru DVI > HDMI and is connected to a Denon AVR-4308, that has 7.1 surround speakers setup, and is output thru HDMI to my living room TV. The Denon has everything connected thru it.

I want to connect the Denon to the Aquos. Problem is, the HDMI audio is being either decoded by the receiver, or passed thru to the TVs. Well, I want Monitor 1(living room TV), to only get the video, while Monitor 2 (Aquos) to get both. So, I guess thats not possible.

What can I do, to get the audio to the Aquos?

2. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

I know on the 3808 if you want the tv to play the audio you need to set the hdmi audio to passthrough. You would need to set the hdmi to pass the audio through to the tvs....then run optical/digicoax for the audio connections which the receiver will play through the surround sound. I'm pretty sure that's how you would need to do it.

3. Senn

Senn shits delicious bro

hmm...so pass thru HDMI to TVs..then run optical cable from the output on the TV..back to the receiver?

that could actually work...

on 2nd thought...what input or setting would I put the receiver to get that audio from the living room TV?

all the inputs are already getting audio from a different optical/coax port..

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  4. Senn

Senn shits delicious bro

argh, that doesnt work. my tv doesnt output 5.1 in optical if source is HDMI