Mudholland Drive

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Sotangledup, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Sotangledup

Sotangledup Guest

Could care less if there's another post about this movie.

My favorite movie of all time. I could watch over and over. I know many people think it makes no sense but to me it makes perfect sense. perhaps because I am a psych major, perhaps because I see bits of my life in it. Perhaps because I'm use to Lynch's directing syle (Blue Velvet-another great movie)

It was just soooo well thought of . The way he sets up the dream part is excellent because that is exactly what our dreams look like. We take insignifant actions that occur to us during the day and turn them into larger events during our dreams. Such as the Diane character having luch in the restaurant and the waitress' name is Betty. Then on her name is her dream is Betty.. those little details did it for me.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

2. mvizos

mvizos New Member

not to nitpick, but if it's your favorite movie of all time, get the name right. Unless this is a different movie than "mulholland drive"

3. PatrickSparks

PatrickSparks New Member

I really liked this movie too. I was a big fan of twin peaks as well. I just love the wierdness that Lynch brings to the table.

4. Tenzin

Tenzin Guest

Lynch is fabulous. If you like his work, don't forget to check out Dune.

5. Knucklehead

Knucklehead New Member

This movie drove me nuts. I usually like movies that keep you guessing till the end and questioning it after. But this movie had me questioning so much I realized I didn't know anything....at all. Wanted to like it so bad, but didn't.

6. Sotangledup

Sotangledup Guest

I ALWAYS SPELL IT WRONG. IT'S A HABIT ..SUE ME YOU PRISSY BITCH!

7. Sotangledup

Sotangledup Guest

What's Dune about?

8. Sotangledup

Sotangledup Guest

Agreed I forgot to mention in the post that another thing I love about Lynch & his films is his camera angles and the way he takes so much advantage of silence. Instead of having cutesy soundtracks he defenely makes us aware of silence.

9. Trev

Trev New Member

I like it when directors can take something as simple as silence and make it meaningful.

10. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

Silencio!
    The only thing I don't like about Mulholland is that my DVD won't let me fast forward.
    (I think David Lynch did that on purpose, watch the whole movie or don't watch at all.)

Anyone else been to the Mulholland explanation sites? Very interesting.