Mtx ??

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mzmtg, Oct 20, 2002.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

I guess it's a little late to ask for advice, but...

I just won an MTX 4244 on eBay. I'm going to replace my POS Phoenix Gold QX4150 with it.

What are you guys' opinions/experiences with MTX Thunder amps??

2. unrealii

unrealii professor of plant biology

I have an mtx 5400 5 channel amp. Overall, I am satisfied with the performance of the amp. I have to be easy with the volume because I am using this with my factory hu and the distortion will kill it. I already had to send it in for repair and it came back all dusty, torn up screws, and with the wrong number of feet, etc. I wasn't too happy about that, but I'm glad it's back in my car and performing like it should.
    For reference, I am very new to car audio, and the way I am using it is unique since I dont have an aftermarket hu, so, make sure to keep that in mind.

DUDE, I just looked at your name and I reconize you from the org. I am also unrealii over there, haven't posted in a while though.

3. Blackz28

Blackz28 OT Supporter

I've had a few mtx amps and have generally been happy with the performance. The reliability is another question though. I've had 3 amps and an eq blow on me.

4. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

I just hope it will be more stable than the PG. The QX overheats all the time, even with a fan on it. I have it running my 6.5 components up front with the rear channels bridged to run a JL 10w0-4. I will hook up the MTX the same way...