GUN MTAC holster for Kahr CW9

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Paul Revere, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

Thoughts?

Comp-tac is having a 10% off sale for December so I'm kicking around getting an IWB holster for my CW9.

I was looking through some older threads about holsters and the MTAC seems to come pretty well recommended.

I was thinking about the VM-2, but I don't know if they even make them for the CW9 (or do they make them for whatever you want?), and I don't want to wait 6 months :hs:

In addition to the IWB I'm kicking around getting an OWB.

Kahr lists Mitch Rosen as a company that makes leather OWB holsters, which from what I hear makes very nice holsters. I would get another Galco Concealable (like I have for my P226) but fucking Galco doesnt make that model for the CW9 :mad:

I'm also thinking about getting a kydex belt holster from Comp-tac to go with the MTAC.

I've had this gun for a while and I'll probably end up with 2-3 holters for it, much like my sig :hs:

What I'm really asking is how the MTAC works with the CW9 - if anyone knows - or how the MTAC works as an IWB holster in general.

Thanks guys! :wavey:

2. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

So, I'm looking on Comp-tac's page. If I get the MTAC holster, could I just get something like a Belt Mount and just swap the holster between the IWB and OWB attachments? (Similar to Bladetech?)

That would be pretty cool and would save me some cash between different styles of holsters :hs:

3. dangitsjonathan

dangitsjonathan New Member

I would go for the Comp-tac. Just got my gear in. Its awesome.

4. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

Well, the Comp-tac is the manufacture, right? Are you saying the MTAC is a solid holster?

What about the compatibility between the MTAC holster and the belt attachment? Are they interchangeable belt attachments?

5. dangitsjonathan

dangitsjonathan New Member

I thought you were debating between the Comptac Holster and another company (mitch rosen) but I read wrong. The MTAC is a solid holster. I have one and its very comfortable, and very concealable. My uncle runs a Kahr PM9 with his CTAC and he says its great. I dont think you can reverse the belt attachments on the MTAC to turn it into an OWB holster (if thats what you meant) sorry :(

6. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

yeah, i've been talking with THT and he explained why you couldn't swap them :hs:

oh well.

looks like i'll be getting a OWB kydex and the MTAC :cool:

7. Keesh

Keesh New Member

the mtac is probably overkill for that small amd light of a gun. Im on my phone now but when I get some time I dig through my bookmarks and find ya something.

8. GarandBobcat

GarandBobcat New Member

Well, I like the heck out of my MTAC, though I use it with my 1911 (as you know, buddy).

But like Keesh said: it seems like the MTAC would be overkill for the little Kahr. :dunno:

9. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

I'm thinking of getting an IWB holster for mine too. I have a DeSantis belt holster and a Galco paddle for it right now. The Galco looks nice, but the gun flops away from the body too much. The DeSantis carries it nice and tight against the body and conceals better.

10. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Looks like Blade-Tech makes an IWB holster for the CW9, too.

11. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

in :dunno:

12. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i like the look of the kydex backed by leather but part of me is even wondering if i should fuck with getting an IWB holster now since i dont have a CCW :hs:

maybe i'll just go with an OWB belt holster for range use, then figure the rest out later.

13. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

I recently bought an MTAC with the coupon you mentioned, and got it the other day. I've been reading about this famous holster for quite some time, and wanted to finally try it out. I wondered if it would live up to the hype. got the "slide" model for glock, fits all 9mm/.40 glocks. I intended to use this with my G26, but it would also fit the G19 and so I'd also try it with that.

holy fuck the MTAC is awesome. this is by far both the most comfortable, and the most well-concealed holster I have ever used. they hit this out of the park. I haven't even carried my G26 with it yet and have been carrying the slightly larger G19 with no trouble at all.

I am a skinny guy, for what its worth. about 5'11", 160 lbs. again I cannot stress how comfortable this holster is for me. I was in and out of my car for about 3 hours yesterday, and it was about the most pleasant CC experience I've ever had.
    I wore a rather tight fitting sweater. I put it on just to see what the bulge would look like. fuck if I could tell, because there pretty much was no bulge to speak of. I have had quite a few IWB holsters and consider myself fairly well versed in the discipline, and I could not believe it. the only problem was bending over. since this particular sweater is somewhat tight fitting, when I bend over the gun can be exposed fairly easily. not the holster's fault, of course. I normally would not have considered wearing this sweater while carrying due to this and the bulge.

so I say go for it. with a comparatively small gun like the kahr I bet you forget you're wearing it.

14. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

first i'm not a fan of half and half holsters, they just don't work well for me, ymmv.

i also agree that seems like a lot of holster for a little gun.

15. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

16. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

for those of you saying its a lot of holster for a little gun, what holster do you think would suit that gun? just a slim OWB leather holster? or some other IWB?

17. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

18. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

thats not a bad idea

19. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i might just get an OWB kydex for range trips now and worry about the concealment holster later :hs:

20. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

21. Radicus

Radicus OT Supporter

Don't get me wrong, I love my MTAC... but why would you get an IWB without a CCW? I didn't even order mine until after I got my permit.

22. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:dunno: just so i have it.

i'm not really sweating it either way. i dont even know when i'll be getting my CCW :(

23. Radicus

Radicus OT Supporter

Can you? I was under the impression that it was impossible on planet california.

24. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

depends on the county. many places in CA its very possible.

25. GarandBobcat

GarandBobcat New Member

BTW dude...

You coulda just asked me this in person. You know I have (and use!) one...