MSN messenger Virus

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ///, May 3, 2005.

1. ///

/// Born and raised in Ohio

I'm a dumbas and clicked on a link that i got from a friend it said "lol you'll like this" and it was followed by a link.

It asked me to install stuff so i did. I realized it a virus when all of a sudden without my permission it started send the exact same message i clicked on to everyone on my contact list all by itself.

does anyone know how to get rid of this?

oh adn by the way and it asks me to start to the virus up on startup, but i just click cancel.

2. ///

/// Born and raised in Ohio

bump...anyone?

3. MrMan

MrMan New Member

4. ReFluX

ReFluX New Member

go into your windows registery and see if there is a key for the virus to start up with windows. I used to do that for a job at Microsoft... I cleaned viruses, trojans, spyware / adware. Hit me up on AIM or yahoo if you need help with walk threw...

refluxd -aim

mad_hatter85 -yahoo messanger

5. I used to get tricked into getting computer viruses all the time

It's possible that You might not have a virus it could be some kind of worm that is hidden deep inside the CLSID section of the registry.

Be sure to back up your registry before deleting any keys because you can ruin your computer if you make a mistake.

Like Mr man was saying AVG dose a damn good job at detecting and removing computer viruses if you decide to use AVG you will need a floppy disk to make the resource floppy so AVG can remove the virus.

And if you happen to know the name of the virus/ worm go to www.google.com and type the name of the virus in the search box to see if you can find out where the virus is hidden.