MSI K8N Neo4-D vs. DFI LP UT Ultra-D

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by rkf76, Jan 3, 2006.

1. rkf76

rkf76 New Member

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] I was planning on going w/the DFI board but the case I want so badly, the Arctic Cooling Silentium T3, comes with a unique PSU setup and it's not looking like it can be swapped out. This is a problem because the DFI board recommends a 480 watt PSU, while the Seasonic PSU that comes with the T3 is 450 max/350 continuous. So I was thinking I should forget about the DFI board and get something else, and since I have an MSI X800 video card, figured an MSI board would be a decent choice. I won't be doing any overclocking, I just want a stable system that will perform well and provide a solid foundation I can build upon and upgrade instead of having to rebuild from the ground up. Is this the board for me?

I was going to get the DFI board w/Athlon64 3000+ for $259.99, the MSI board w/Athlon64 3200+ is $249.99.......which is why I was just gonna go w/the DFI board, top of the line non-SLi board w/plenty of room for upgrades and able to OC like no tomorrow, should I choose. Any other suggesstions? Thanks for your help.
    [/FONT]

2. CapCrunch

CapCrunch OT Supporter

what else are you planning on running (video card, ram, what the comp is mostly used for, etc.)

3. rkf76

rkf76 New Member

video: MSI X800
    RAM: if DFI, PQI Turbo series, if MSI, Corsair Value Select, both 2x512mb

this rig will mostly be used for surfing/home computing, but I'll have a DVD player on it as well. I listen to and d/l music alot, would dabble in Pro Tools as well. And of course pRon, can't forget about that:naughty: I want to be able to watch any and all videos w/o freezing frames/hesitation/etc.

4. CapCrunch

CapCrunch OT Supporter

Just go with the MSI board and case then. All that RAM and video is unecessary for just watching videos and surfing.