MS Outlook Help, Please!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lauderdale75, Feb 28, 2003.

1. Lauderdale75

Lauderdale75 Member

Esteemed members of OT: Is anyone familiar w/ MS outlook? They reinstalled outlook on my computer and Ive lost some functions w/ my address book. Previously, I could simply type in someone's name in my "Contacts" and press tab to start typing the mail, and the person's address would be dropped into the box. Now, when I type in a name it puts the red squiggly line under the name indicating that I need to select from similar names all of which are in the company's global address book. In the past, I would have to select from the company's address book only if their name wasnt in my personal address book. After having the tab and send feature and no longer having it, it is extremely annoying and inefficient. Can anyone help restore this feature for me? THanks sooo much.

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Tools->Services->Addressing Tab

Also check Tools->Options->Email Options->Advanced E-mail Options->Automatic name checking

3. Lauderdale75

Lauderdale75 Member

Thanks - you rock! That helped. I also changed the order in which OUtlook goes thru my address books - i.e., it goes from personal to global; it was in the inverse previously.