Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (Wheel & Tire) + brake dust coated wheels =

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by ace3, May 6, 2005.

1. ace3

ace3 mouthify my wang.

bling bling

http://www.autobarn.net/magiceraser.html

picked up some of these at WalMart the other day, and tried 'em out yesterday. Hot damn, they work great. One 'eraser' did all 4 of my wheels that were COATED with brakedust from 2 different trackdays. I was quite impressed.

I think it -may- have been the coat of WheelWax that I had on there that helped to repel the brakedust, but either way, i fully recommend these Magic Erasers.

Not sure what the difference is between the normal ones and these "wheel & tire" ones ... they look/feel/smell exactly like the normal household ones.

two thumbs up. :bigok:

2. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member

I can wash my wheels just fine with a regular old mitt and the left over soap in the bucket from washing the car.....why buy these??

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I use the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers on interior vinyl too. They work great and you can find them at any grocery store. :)

4. 87Z

87Z OT Supporter

I was at the store today and saw them, remembered you liked them, so I picked up a box of 4 for $4. Ill probably try it out on my car tomorrow if i dont get lazy

I took home a bottle of wheel acid from work a few weeks ago but havent felt like cleaning mar car

Last edited: May 8, 2005
  5. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

just be careful of wheel acid, some wheel acids are made of hydroflouric acid which is dangerous stuff

6. 87Z

87Z OT Supporter

It wasnt the wheel wax that helped. I used them on mine today, which have never been waxed, and was amazed. It got them cleaner than with just the wheel acid. It was taking off dirt I didnt even see. I took some before and after shots that Ill get around to uploading later tonight. I too fully recommend these :eek3:

Last edited: May 9, 2005
  7. 87Z

87Z OT Supporter

before
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

[​IMG]