Mr. Clean AutoDry

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Jackhole, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I know this product has been discussed before, but what negative effects have you guys found about it? My friend insists that it strips wax, which I haven't experienced. I do notice a film or something all over the windows (and probably the paint, too).

Anyone else have problems with it?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I haven't had any problems with it, but I don't let the vehicle air dry. I just use it to buy me some time to dry the car without spotting.

3. gandhibrokemyskates

gandhibrokemyskates slangin beer

i didn't buy it. I'm not spending all that money on it when i can do it better by hand. :o I heard the filter only lasts 2-3 washes.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

The first filter is good for 3 washes, the replacement ones are supposedly good for 10 but that does depend on how hard the water is. Real hard water will kill the filter in less than 10 uses.

The soap is very good, cleans really well. I am going to try it in a bucket instead of through the Mr. Clean assembly to see how that works out since using it their way wastes a lot of soap. Besides, I'd like somewhere to put the wash pad.

The main problem with the unit is that the filter does not fit in snugly, so water leaks out of the bottom of the housing. I have to remove the plastic cover and hold the filter in place myself to get adequate pressure and no leaks.

It does what it claims, but it is awkward to use and the unit isn't built to very close tolerances.