A&P MPEX is a fucking joke!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by f/2.8L, Oct 7, 2008.

1. f/2.8L

f/2.8L New Member

Placed an order with them on 9/22. Got an order number, etc. Several days pass, and I hadn't received a tracking number nor heard anything about my order. So, I e-mailed them on 10/4 to see what's up. Today (10/7) I get a reply stating that they are currently out of the light stand I ordered (although the website showed it as in stock) and the flash I wanted (Vivitar 285) had been discontinued. I knew the flash had been discontinued, but again, they're website showed it as in stock. That's the whole fucking reason I ordered the damn thing!

:rofl:

The thing that pisses me off though, is why do they show something as in stock, when it really isn't? And secondly, and most important, why am I the one asking them about it? If they don't/didn't have it, why accept my order in the first damn place? Why didn't THEY contact ME?

Fuck MPEX and all that bullshit! I'll never stray away from B&H or Adorama again.

/rant

2. Bloke

Bloke Banned

3. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

I am feeling much better now

4. aCab

aCab New Member

Wasn't this posted like last week too by somebody else?

5. Tedrzz

Tedrzz New Member

oh man i thought you were talking about MPIX which is a really sweet printing place. but yeah MPEX sounded kinda shady from the get go.

6. aCab

aCab New Member

I think the real problem is them not being able to keep up with demand. Before, the offered good service, etc, but ever since strobist started endorsing them, their sales went through the roof and they didn't expand to help the demand.

7. Jbrown

Jbrown OT Supporter

They're very nice people.

8. QWIKSNK

QWIKSNK New Member

I ordered from them a few months ago, got my order in like 3-4 days

9. f/2.8L

f/2.8L New Member

Negative.

Nice people would remove items that are no longer available from their website. That's what nice people would do.

10. EWhytsell

EWhytsell New Member

Hehe sorry they are in my town and I keep coming out of that store with arm loads of stuff. Wifes pissed.

Seriously they are a nice store, but I can only imagine the business they are probably getting from internet sales now. That and they are probably still getting caught up from having their power out for over a week due to the hurricane hitting Central Ohio.

11. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

Nice people or not, their website is horrid, service is slow, shipping is even slower and prices are nothing to write home about. If they were local, I'd be all over it, but they fail at online retail.

12. CRC

CRC New Member

I was going to order the pocket wizard bundles from them too :hs: I guess I'll stick to BH

13. Jbrown

Jbrown OT Supporter

I disagree with poster. They ship fine, all you need to do is call and ask if they have what you want in stock.

The customer service is fantastic. They really are just a mom n pop store, trying to help people out by offering stuff online.

Yall shouldn't smash someone as if they scammed you :hs:

14. f/2.8L

f/2.8L New Member

Nobody said anything about being scammed.

My gripe is their online storefront. If they don't have any inventory on a particular item, they should at least have the capability of showing that somewhere during the order process.

Accepting an order, then NEVER contacting the buyer (for over 2 weeks) that it's not in stock and is no longer available... is not cool. I had to address them. That's my issue.

15. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

negative.

16. IntheWorks

they're still very new to selling on line... and from what I understand the owner doesn't care to much about the online retail... they make very little of their money from the strobist crowd, despite what some people thing.

17. IntheWorks

they're still working on the functionality of their website.... nothing is "automated" in their inventory system yet.

18. Hua

Hua AZN photographer crew

If you ever set foot inside the store, you'd see why it's a fucking disaster. There is just shit everywhere, unorganized.

19. Hua

85% of their sales is through phone/internet. Stu does like to pump out inventory at shows/expos though.

20. aCab

aCab New Member

You don't think so? So if a company stays the same size and gets a 500% increase in business, they are going to be alright? Either they were overstaffed before, or they are just magical.

21. Hua

The place is very understaffed. It's always difficult to find someone to assist you when you walk in the store. You could stand in front of the inkjet papers section for 20mins, and all of the employees will walk right by you, go back to their desk, and eat.

However, if you walk in the store, and you have a vagina, and you aren't ugly, the guys will rush to the front asking if you need help. My friends and I have seen this happen time and time again.

Abdi was really cool and friendly when he used to work there.

22. IntheWorks

yeah, stu brings in more from shows/expo's than they do online, at least that's what I was told.

23. IntheWorks

I was speaking more on the internet front. Moishe just hired like 2 or 3 people to handle nothing but internet orders. I will agree though that you can't get help for shit when you walk in... every time I'm in there everyone is busy with other customers.... But, when you do get help, at least it's someone who knows what they're talking about.

And not to mention the store is entirely to small... they need to move to a new location (and I've heard that it's being discussed) Have you ever gotten to go downstairs into the basement storage area... it's a huuuuge mess.

24. f/2.8L

f/2.8L New Member

Meh!

I'm done with them. I canceled my order completely.

25. f/2.8L

f/2.8L New Member

Tried to send you a PM but your box is full.

Any issues with it? Is it in good working order? How much use? When did you obtain it?