MP3 transfer to pc

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Redsand187, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Redsand187

Redsand187 OT Supporter

Well, I'm making the reverse switch... sorta. I've had apple computers for 15+ years. I just picked up my first PC, a notebook.

My main delima is I have an iPod with about 25 gigs of music on it, and in my iTunes on my macs. I want to put all that music on my notebook. When I connect my iPod to the pc, it says I need to restore it. I did that, thinking I could format it for windows, and that the macs would still be able to drop songs into it... wrong.

So now, I'm not sure how to do it. About 90% of the music is actually ripped from my own CD's... I don't really feel like ripping each disk over again onto my PC. Could I some how make an MP3 DVD, and just use a few DVD's to transfer to my notebook? Or is there a simple way for my notebook to connect to my network of apples?

2. thezak

thezak New Member

you can use a program like myTunes Redux to download shared songs in iTunes.

3. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

search google for something like

transfer music from iPod to iTunes PC

4. dnicol

dnicol shoopdawoop

this man is a genius, hand him a cigar.

not.:ugh:

5. urban ape

urban ape take that take that take that

well first, you return the pc notebook. then you go get a shiny new macbook pro. then you use a firewire cable and boot up in target mode by holding down T on startup. after all that, those mp3s will transfer in a matter of minutes!

:h5:

6. knell

knell New Member

Your mac will work with a windows formatted iPod.

1. Format your iPod to work with your PC.
    2. Reconnect it to your mac, load your music.
    3. Connect to your PC, grab music from it using one of several programs that are out there for just this purpose.

7. Redsand187

Redsand187 OT Supporter

I must have done something wrong, because when I format it on my PC, and then connect to my mac it says I need to format it for OSX.

Well, nice thought, but no.... :) I'm still 100% a mac guy. I wanted to get a PC for some work related online training stuff. It requires a PC, (I already tried virtual PC) and being that I don't want to do all my studying at work in the shop, I figure I needed a pc, and I've always wanted a laptop. (of my own, not my dad's work related one) Plus it was a lot cheaper then a macbook. I only paid 900 bucks shipped overnight. (It's nothing special, not bad though) Intel chips scare me... that's why I grabbed a new G5 a couple months ago, I wanted one before they switch.

8. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

What the fuck are you talking about?

:gtfo:

he said hes got 25GB of music on his iPod, and needs to get it to his new laptop.
    It'd be a hell of a lot easier to just download one of those programs than to setup a connection between the two.