MP3 players that use Compact Flash cards

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by tommyortom, Feb 15, 2004.

1. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

ive had a RCA Lyra mp3 player for like 5 years haha..it finally died after i had to make several minor repairs to it...i just cant figure out what is wrong with it...so what are some compact flash players that are out right now that are fairly cheap....probably 125-150 or less...i dont want an ipod i dont see the need for 10GB or strorage.....40-50 songs is fine for me...post some MP3 players that take CF cards that are decent..or some good websites to shop

2. TurboDerek

TurboDerek My favorite meal is horsemeat and rice.

nex IIe. I just got one and like it. the interface is not as nice as the ipod. you can insert custom skins and even make a small black & white .bmp that shows up at startup or when a song is playing. I bought a black one for $80 and the white ones go for $70.

3. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

i was just looking at those on ebay...and theres a newer one..the NEX IA.....is yours cheap quality as in the build ? does it seem strong? was 80 bucks the price from ebay or did you buy from a store

4. TurboDerek

TurboDerek My favorite meal is horsemeat and rice.

I would not want to drop it more than a few times. It is very light because all it has is a card reader and 2 AA battries so it does not feel the soild. I got it off ebay for $80. I bid the starting price and won. it does make a loud pop on start up and has frozen up once in the month I have had it. there is a firmware up date avaiavle at the manufactors website for the IIe.