MP3 / iPod Software Suggestions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by shohan, Apr 29, 2006.

1. shohan

shohan New Member

So I just picked up a 4GB iPod nano and really like it. I've imported the mess that my MP3 files are into iTunes. What I'm looking for now is an album art tool to download cd covers and if possible a program that will organize my MP3s. I'd like to get something that'll search the internet fill in the ID3 tag info and place the songs in folders by album and artist (C:\My Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Song>.mp3). Has anyone run into anything like this? Something free preferable, but I'll take a look at soemthing I have to pay for if it's a good product.

Also, any other suggestions for good iPod or MP3 software for the PC? I gave iPodLinux a try and that was cool to be able to play videos on my nano and I've checked out iPodWizard so that I can add themes and change text strings.

Thanks

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention that I searched through about 20 pages of the Gagdets forum, 10 of the Home/Car Audio, and Computer forums as well and I wasn't able to find anything.

2. shohan

shohan New Member

That's pretty cool. I like the Xtreamer feature. Being able to stream from you iPod could come in handy. Not to mention you could probably have multiple users streaming at once. (I haven't tried it but I don't see why not.)

Anybody got anything else?

3. adelacruz

adelacruz New Member

this is hard to learn but The Godfather is the best tagging tool, many will also say Tag & Rename

4. adelacruz

adelacruz New Member

5. shohan

shohan New Member

Thanks I'll check it out. I've been using Zortam MP3 Media Studio to edit the ID3 tags of my MP3s and it has a few neat features that I like. It can do batch Album Art and Lyric downloads and can do batch file renaming based on ID3 tag info. The only thing I wish it had was some sort of autocomplete. It gets tiresome having to type the same band, album name, or other entries over and over.