MIL MP or Counter-Intelligence

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by G_G_L, May 15, 2005.

1. G_G_L

G_G_L Vote Nixon

Anyone here have either of this MOS's? i'm looking to be a federal agent. along with the schooling, most agencies want some sort of expirence. I was always planning on joining a PD @ 21, but I started thinking that going into the army might be even better. Right now I'm trying to get ahold of someone at any agency to get some insight into what they would prefer, but I'd like to find someone who is either an MP or in counter-intelligence(MOS 97b) so i could find out first hand what they do day to day and all that stuff. And if anyone has any opinions or advice i'd love to hear it.

2. Accord

Accord New Member

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjobs/a/97b.htm

3. G_G_L

G_G_L Vote Nixon

thnx for the link. i'm going to take the asvab to see if i can even qualify for that mos. then i'll have to decide if thats what i want. it seems awsome that while federal agencies won't give anyone w/o a degree and expirence a second look, the army will take you if you've got a good score.

4. Accord

Accord New Member

You need a lot more than just a good score on the ASVAB... make sure you read the second page on the link I gave you.

Also, I was reading on the Mil.com boards that the Army is phasing out being able to enlist directly into 97B and you'll have to enlist in 97E and then you can lat move into 97B after your first enlistment period is up or if you reach the rank of E-5, whichever comes first and then you'll have to go before a board and all sorts of other things. Go on the mil.com boards and just do search for "97B" and you'll get a ton of informatino about it and the changes.

5. PlayingGod

PlayingGod New Member

Go 31b if you want to get shit on all day everyday. I am 31b, I hate it. A friend of mine is 97b, he loves it.

6. nilen2

nilen2 New Member

Any chance if you can to expand on why you hate this MoS? Is it just the training you have to go through or....? I will be enlisting but am unsure of which MoS to choose. This one came to mind only because of the frame of mind of maybe becoming a police officer after serving. Otherwise may just select an 03xx (Infantry).

7. CappyStyles

CappyStyles New Member

If nothing else, you'll hate your AIT as a 97.

8. PlayingGod

PlayingGod New Member

I love the training we do, I LOVE green cycle (field cycle). Red cycle is when we are working the road (being police). We just get shit on a lot, we work a shitload, and we are held to a much higher standard, it's too easy to fuck up. There's just too much bullshit.