Mozilla vs Firefox

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MP, Aug 11, 2004.

?

Mozilla or Firefox

1. Mozilla

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Firefox

16 vote(s)
    94.1%
  1. MP

MP New Member

Trying to figure out what's best to go with. I've used mozilla for about 3 years. Never had any problems with it.

Firefox seems faster, thinner.

which would you choose? Does firefox has the same features as mozilla?

thanks

2. WERUreo

WERUreo Imua!

They're both basically the same, browser-wise, I believe. Mozilla is a full suite of apps, ie. browser, email, chatzilla, etc. Firefox is pretty much a bare bones Mozilla browser and that's it. I personally use Firefox and Thunderbird (email). It's been a while since I used Mozilla.

Thing I like about Firefox is the extensions. Not sure if the extensions work on Mozilla or not... :dunno:

3. MP

MP New Member

thanks for the input.

Firefox seems to be what will work best for me.

Everytime I install mozilla I always install the "browser only"

4. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

I like Firefox and Thunderbird, and that's all I need.
    Mozilla installs a lot more other than the browser and email/usenet clients.
    Plus but having each as a different install, if I have problems with one or the other I can uninstall just that part without uninstalling the both.

5. Apothis

Apothis New Member

I use FF and TB. Used the suite for a year or so before I tried the them. Yeah, they are based on the same programming, same gecko rendering, ect. But you'll get much more robust options and extensions with the seperate apps than the suite. Plus it has a more sleek and refined interface and is probably faster too.

6. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

I've been using Mozilla for years and years (being a Linux user it's my only choice). However, a few weeks ago I decided to try Firefox again and see if it had improved from the last time I tried it, a few months back. It has. It still doesn't have all the features Mozilla does, however it is very good, and the extensions allow you to add things you use on a regular basis. I'm really liking Firefox now, it works very well and is light and fast.

7. Wolfden

Wolfden :trance:

Yup Firefox and Thunderbird here also - use to use evolution for e-mail, but decided to switch to Thunderbird. Always found Netscape crashing and Mozilla was more than what I needed.