SRS Moving to Tampa in about 15 days.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RebootEnzo, Jul 4, 2009.

1. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

This is a really big step for me as I have lived here in gville for a very long time. I have also been out of school for almost a year just working and living with roommates. Now even though I am moving soon I have not even found a place but am going down there wed to look for a place. How do I find the nicer areas of the city? I have been using this site...

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/FL-Tampa.html

However, it does not seem to have many places in the USF area. I just don't want to spend a year in the ghetto because nice looking does not equal crime free.

Also, what about the music and the college crowd. It took quite sometime to find the current people I roll with and the only way I found this entire scene was due to work. Any place that spin vinyl alternative music vs rap in town?

And.. for my first time ever I will be 100% alone no roommates not one soul I know in this city. It is quite scary to me.

Anyone know if this place is nice?

Courtyards on the River
    8412 Rio Bravo Court Tampa, FL 33617 Map

2. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

USF area looks great :(

Dont Move Here Ull Regret It
    Date posted: 9/8/2008
    Years at this apartment: 2008 - 2008
    Ads by Google
    Assisted Living Services
    Senior apartments in Seattle Secure, independent living.
    www. FoundationHouseNG. net
    Reston Apartments
    Located at Reston Town Center Elevator to Shops. Pets Welcome
    www.metreston.com
    Mosteller Apartments
    Hickory's Finest Apartments 1, 2, & 3 Bedrooms+Mansion
    www. mostellermansion. com
    Tampa, FL Apartments
    Excellent Location, Great Specials Professionally Managed & Maintained
    www. reflectionsatcarrollwood. com

I was sleeping when there was a raid there the other night it jump me out my sleep and i had to ruch to check on my child.my boyfriend went outside just to find smoke everywhere and here people screaming.IT WAS THE WORST!Not only that since i moved in there been roaches everywhere even in the toilet.Ive been tryin to break my lease for awhile and they keep on tryin to get me to pay to break it when its a dirty unhealthy place to live i called them 3xs bout the roaches and now there are bugs in the carpet. i cant have my kids playing in my own house. And my power has gona out 4xs already since i been there and all they can say is call TECO,which i pay every Dam bill on time. i had half my apartment with light and the other nothin working.I cant even park my car witout worrying about it being there.There not doing anything at all to make this place better.it needs to be shut down.and its so noisey i hear pple out til 4 in the morning on a week day.. PLEASE IF U HAVE KIDS DO NOT MOVE HERE ...

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

4. THoC

THoC New Member

i live in tampa. lived in temple terrace (USF area) and a few other places.

where in tampa do you want to live? how much do you wanna spend on a place?

cant help you w. the vynil/rap thing since its not my scene at all. ybor im sure has a few places.

5. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

I want to live in the usf area and honestly want to only spend 600 a month for rent but it looks like I might have to spend 700 a month.

I dunno people tell me there is another side to tampa. That has music side like gainesville. That's what I am looking for in tampa culture and music.

6. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

USF is right next to the ghetto so it can be hard to find decent places around there :o and pretty much every place will have shitty ratings on the apt sites because people usually just go there to complain. It's rare to find a place with good ratings. I've lived in places that had horrible ratings and didn't have issues with them :dunno: just pay attention to the comments to see if there are any legitimate complaints.

New tampa has some nicer places and it's only about 10-15 min from USF. That's the area up north bruce b downs. I lived in 3 different complexes around USF so PM me if you want more details. None of them were anything too great but you shouldn't expect to get anything great if you live around USF and only want to spend $600 :mamoru: If you want something nicer then you'll have to get away from the college area. Why do you want to live by USF if you are done with school?

7. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

Thanks I will start looking in New Tampa..

Right now I pay 350 and live in a new condo, with two roommates and garage. :hs:

8. iwishyouwerebeer

Yeah, USF area can be a crap shoot unless you solely focus on apartments for the USF students, because right next door is ghettofabulous town.

You are living alone, correct? This will be very tough honestly in terms of money because I could easily name you some great places where you would only pay $400-450/month if you have a roommate :sad2: And New Tampa is where I currently live, and it is fantastic, but a lot more expensive usually for a 1 bedroom.

Have you checked craigslist or apartments.com for people needing roommates? That's another route you can go to save some money. I have a good friends who used apartments.com to search for people who needed roommates like 2 times and said it was great.

Oh, and Ybor has some clubs I think you'd enjoy.

9. adelacruz

adelacruz New Member

USF is very close to the ghetto, but that doesnt mean there arent any decent places to live. I live on Bearss Ave in a small area full of college type housing. They have a lot of parties across the street, but the one i live in is pretty quiet, a few people have "nicer" cars for college kids like s2000's infiniti's escalades, etc. but it is generally crime free.

Now my place doesnt offer 1bed/1bath so i would say a place like grand pavilion on bruce b. downs would be worth looking at, its right by the college area, but its a pretty public and safer place. they do have that configuration, i believe its about 600/mo.

If you would be willing to get roommates there are places like reflections on bearss and bruce b. downs, for 490 you get a 3bed/3bath so you8 get two roommates, but they just upgraded a building to a package with a 47" plasma in the living room and some nice new furniture, but maybe thats not your kind of thing.

Also that address you listed is bad, the area there is the ghetto its really shitty, tampa's asshole. Basically anything south of busch around 40th to 56th street is garbage. Basically you dont want to live a lot of places south of the park around those streets. I used to deliver by there and there were always dudes rolling up blunts in the street, smoking outside, fucking around with any one that wasn't like them.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  10. iwishyouwerebeer

:werd:

My fiance lived in Reflections for 3 years and while the residents tend to be on the ghetto side it's furnished and well maintained :dunno:

11. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

12. adelacruz

adelacruz New Member

My friend lives there, its a hot spot at USF right now since they just opened recently, their prices are a lot more than most of the other places around but its well decorated and a lot of college kids are moving in, i doubt there will be many if any people over 26 living there. The location itself is not too bad, and the place is great, just really expensive.

13. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

Don't they have roommate matching?