moving on/time alone

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by THoC, Mar 16, 2009.

1. THoC

THoC New Member

a couple of friends and i were having this discussion.

this was about split down the middle.

the question at hand was... can the very next relationship after a LTR last? also how long should a guy/girl just have fun being single before they even think of getting into another serious relationship?

i think its impossible to say. i could be coming out of a 5 yr LTR and meet a chick 2 months later who is amazing and i feel like it could work.

has it yet for me? nope..... but who is to say its not possible?

anyone on here experience a great relationship that went for awhile/ is still going that began shortly after another LTR?

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

My (now) fiance is my "rebound" and I am his "rebound" from serious relationships. Depends totally on both people, what they want and how well they work together. We dated very loosely for months before we both decided we were headed in a serious relationship.

So yeah, it's possible :dunno: Does it happen often? I doubt it.

3. THoC

THoC New Member

thanks for sharing. i agree w. your last line 100%.

some of my friends swear that its not possible.

4. THoC

THoC New Member

oh! may i ask how long you two were single for before you started dating?

5. giz

giz Active Member

Hard for me to say since I've never been in that situation, but I feel like if the right girl came around I would be head over heels for her just like I was my last gf. Time really isn't a factor (unless it's something like a few days/couple weeks out from your relationship I'd say), it's just a matter of luck. You might meet that special someone a month later or 6 years.

6. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

it all varies. although, if i'm sort of dating her or considering dating her then i'm at least open to the idea of it being more than a short-term relationship. if i wasn't, i wouldn't be thinking about dating her to begin with.

7. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

My SO was my rebound :dunno: We've been together now for nearly 6 years.

Give it a shot! You never know :)

8. iwishyouwerebeer

Me-1 month
    Him-2 months

And like I said, for a good long while we were both really into each other and dating monogamously, just had no serious undertones to the relationship until easily 8 months+ in.

9. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

i agree...

:eek4: and congrats! did i miss a thread or something? :sad2:

10. iwishyouwerebeer

:rofl: I didn't want to make a thread, but the first few pages of the chat thread have pictures and all the info :hs:

11. formul8

formul8 New Member

Figure that most relationships are over long before they are really over, I would say that it is not a problem.

The heart is ready when it is ready.

12. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

After my ex, I totally say no.

She was with her ex for 4 1/2 years.. they lived together for about 2 years of that.

I started dating her right around 2-3 months after they broke up... wow what a mistake. She said she was over him but obviously feelings were there due to the length of the relationship, I understood that.

But what I dont understand is how 13 months later she told me she was still thinking about him and she never really had 'time' to get over him. 1 month into the relationship I was telling her I wanted to 'end' things cause I didnt feel it would work out due to the circumstances... a month later of 'please babe no' and 'Seriously, its not like that', I was in it for another 12 months only to find out she was constantly emailing/im'ing him with 'i miss you's'.

Fuckin skank.

13. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

This all depends on the level of intimacy/bond and closeness and also who did the breaking up in the relationship. If you are the person who got broken up with, then it will take you much longer in all likelihood to get over it.

I usually don't recommend getting into serious relationships, it takes time to sort through your feelings.. Dating however is another story if your real with yourself.

14. just_another_on

I definitely agree. And looking back I feel as if I should of just ended it, with out her consent from the beginning.

Meeting her and sleeping with her within two days should of been a hint... But then again the sex was so good It was worth dealing with :mamoru:

15. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

It really depends on the person and the situation. I'm a serial-monogamist, which means I pretty much go from relationship to relationship. I have had rebounds in the past, but it's not my norm. In fact, I asked my current gf out 3 days after my ex and I broke up. :mamoru: I had only been with that girl for about 6 months though. I will say that I think if you've been with someone for like 4+ years then it is a bad idea to jump right into a relationship within the first few months. At that point you still aren't really yourself yet, in my experience.

16. just_another_on

See im the total opposite.

I LOVE being single. And not because I wanna just go out and get laid. I just don't like the whole 'lines of a relationship'. Obviously, in my mind state, im TOTALLY not ready for a serious relationship any time soon, as I personally would have a hard time giving up my life...well, compromising my life as it currently sits.

In general, I find myself to be much happier when I can go about my day how EVER i want to. Not having to factor in someone else in my daily planning is by far the most important thing in the world to me.

Then again, it goes to show why I dont want kids and would rather own a Porsche than a payment on a wedding ring.

17. coldstone

coldstone New Member

My longest relationship ever was with a rebound.

18. just_another_on

Why?

Did you really enjoy the relationship or did you feel after the relationship you needed someone else? Soemthing to hold on to? Were you infatuated/obsessed or were you just truly in love?

19. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

:rofl: Yeah, I've always been the guy who puts a relationship above everything else. If my current gf and I split though I'll be single for a while this time around. I've learned that I need to be pickier about who I date. :hs:

20. coldstone

coldstone New Member

It just worked out that way. She was a friend who was there for me after my relationship ended and once we started dating, it just clicked.

21. just_another_on

Yeah, i've read your posts bro :hug:

Well in that case, all is good :).

22. Joybang

Joybang New Member

My current relationship is basically what you a describing. About 6 years with my ex and I started seeing a girl about 2 and a half months later. I didn't really expect anything going in and I think that's the key. Don't try to pressure yourself. The more we hung out though the more we clicked and its really been working out great. Its amazing being in a relationship with someone who shares more interests with you and can really understand who you are. I should also add that my prior LTR was dragged on for far too long. It was basically to the point where we were roommates so the break up was relatively easy to go through.

23. Joybang

Joybang New Member

its kind of a weird feeling when you start to realize that you have something different. Its almost scary:rofl:.

Congrats on your engagement btw.

24. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Same here broseph :h5:

25. coldstone

coldstone New Member

Hey, I'm not your broseph :squint: