SRS moving into a house

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by turbobuick420, Apr 12, 2006.

1. turbobuick420

turbobuick420 New Member

well im moving into a house with my brother. it is a 3 bedroom house. he is trying to convince me to let his girlfriend stay in the 3rd room. he has known her for a couple months, ive met her a couple times. she has a kid thats around 5. i dont mind her living there its the kid. my bro says hes loud. she would pay 1/3 the rent but no utilities cause its all she can afford. it would be real nice cause its alot less for me to pay for rent. but i dont know if i can deal living with a kid. she is in a bad situation and cant live where she is staying much longer. i dont want to be the bad guy but i think its a very bad idea. but my bro doesnt think that. what do you think?

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

The boy is going to give a ruckus , that's for 100% sure, and you living with your bro ,wtf for living construction is that? I see the future like this...

She comes, kid comes, kid starts to cry at night, you start to get angry, you fight with her, as a result your bro who sticks up for his gf, gets angry at you, end story every is :madfawk: at eachother.

You'd do best to live on your own, or let your bro live with his girl and the kid.

The 4 of you living together is an absolute last resort solution if you ask me. Tolerance, and patience and being not where they are are the keywords here, Letting her live on the street with a kid is too inhumane for me, even if the kid did give a ruckus, that's what children are for. In a situation the old Japanese saying 'it better to bend then to break' goes for me, so let them stay at your bro and with you, for you yourself i hope you will find a better living situation, or building up a tolerance to live with them.

3. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Yeah that's not going to work out for more than a couple of weeks. I would never do that.

4. Fallout Girl

Fallout Girl New Member

My guess is it would be more of you brother's girlfriend moving into the room with him and her son living in the third room. Doubt they would sleep seperately, but who knows. I agree that the relationship on all sides of the little triangle will be a bit strange. Loyalties are going to be tested, and some may change. So I would be honest with your brother and tell him how you feel about it. If you have a good enough relationship and can set some boundaries great. Or if this house is set up so your space would be set somewhat away from their space? Like an upstairs and downstairs? Just make sure that everything is talked about if you do go for it. Because living with people and letting grudges building over numerous small things ends up blowing up in somebody's face eventually.

5. turbobuick420

turbobuick420 New Member

thanks for the replys, ive been living alone for a few years at apartments. im sick of living with loud bitchy neighbors where if i make any noise at all they call the cops. my brother and i get along real well. we have been planning to rent a house for a long time. i think it would work out great. i cant afford to buy a house of my own yet. we went to look at a house a few days ago and he brings all this up. after thinking about it for a while i dont think it will work with the gf+kid living there. i havnt talked to him since but i will this weekend.