Moving in -- When to do it?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by jond, Mar 9, 2005.

1. jond

jond New Member

I'm curious when most people move in with their girlfriend.
    I'm guessing after being together 6 months or so?

2. Smoked

Smoked $5.50? Man fuck the avatar...how about you just sh

After you've hidden all your assets in off shore accounts.

3. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I dont think there is a set date, its just whenever you think you 2 are mature enough to handle living together. Its a HUGE step, and I know a few people that it ended their relationships because they were not ready. Realize its also something hard to go back on, once you move in together you cant just up and move out one day after a fight. It puts alot of stress on a relationship and it will either make or break it.

If you think you know each other well enough, and you are ready to find out all the little things each of you does that annoys the other...then good luck :big grin:

4. trigger-hippy

trigger-hippy Made in Scotland

I wouldn't after 6 months.

5. fab_tone

fab_tone Guest

6 months or more, depends

6. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

I've been dating my SO for almost 4 years now. I met him in High school, and am now in my first year of college. For a long time, we planned on me moving in with him right after high school graduation, but.... it just never happened. I'm now living with a girl I've known my whole life, and I guess I don't regret not moving in with him. I think I would have missed out on a lot had I taken such a huge step so young. I think it just depends on where you see yourself in your relationship. I know I'm happy where I am, even if it's not living with him.

7. I usually just spend most my time at his place....i'm practically living there and i do pitch in some money here and there but i don't technechly live there. So if the worst happened and we broke up all i'd have to do is pack up a couple bags and i'm out of there...lol
    I definitly wouldn't jump into buying a house together or going in on a expensive apartment. Plus a lot of the time with apartments you have to sign like a six month lease....so you'll be screwed if you break up before that time is up. Money issues can really fuck up a relationship so make sure the relationship is good and strong before you put that strain on it.

8. ugopk

ugopk New Member

:dunno: she kinda moved in after 6 months.. been together for 1.3 years

9. getoffofit

getoffofit New Member

totally agree. ive been with my SO for about 6 years, although weve talked about it numerous times...still no sign of moving in.

10. ISO9002

ISO9002 New Member

Been there and done that...also still doing...

I agree with the girls...it sounds so easy..."yeah lets move in together...we can see each other and spend more time together and everything"...its true...you sure can spend more time loving each other (and fight over different things)....but after a certain amount of time, you will see the big picture!

Money is a big issue and always been a big thing among people, unless you are rich, yeah true...."hey...that's my boy/girlfriend!!!"...well there are many different situation that I can think of that you can argue with me about over the money issue...but its true...living together is not a easy thing if you aint READY, I mean READY READY!

11. naughtie

naughtie New Member

:rofl::rofl: ah haha!

seriously, though. just depends on the people. ya think ya can handle it, big boy? :wiggle:

12. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

I 'officially' moved in with my gf after 3 years. We've now been together for more than 6 and 1/2 years. Of course even before that, I practically only went home 2 days a week.

13. kittencleo

kittencleo New Member

i was with a guy for almost a year, couldn't bare to live with him... we broke up for a while because i wouldn't move in with him. we basically kind of lived together, but we had seperate houses. thank god for that... i might have killed him

14. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

just depends on age & situation, there's no right answer.

15. itsme

itsme New Member

dated my high school bf for 5 years, got engaged, built a house together, moved in, he cheated and got caught, now I live alone, I got the house and the dog. :hsd:

16. Dont Go Away

Dont Go Away New Member

That is horrible...wow, that just scared the idea right out of me...ok, it's back.

17. Vegasoutkast

Vegasoutkast New Member

6 months is not long enough - I would say a year or two.

there is no way you can get to know anyone well enough in six months move in together.

its a recipe for disaster

18. Vegasoutkast

Vegasoutkast New Member

damn :hs: