Movies that should be made

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by D-FENS, Jun 25, 2005.

1. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

The title should be self-explanitory.

I'd like to see Terminator 4, Where a Terminator 1 and 2 fan sees Terminator 3, and builds a time machine to go back in time to kill the director of Terminator 3 before it's made, but some asshole who liked T3 goes back to stop him. I think it would make a great movie.

2. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

I just want to see that epic fucking war that we never got to see.
    Too bad he's a politician now and it will never happen.

3. Harmonster

Harmonster New Member

I think that Danny DeVito and Rhea Pearlman should do more movies together. They are so cute together. It's like the world's two tallest midgets hooked up. I love their cute little bodies with their stubby fingers. IMO, they are the perfect on-screen pair. They shouldn't be limited to comedy though. Branch out a little bit. I think that they would be perfect in a Mr./Mrs. Smith sequel, in the lead roles. I mean, imagine the marketing alone for that movie! The promo trailers would easily blow away the full version of the first Mr. and Mrs. Smith...

4. drinks11

drinks11 I record music.

A Confederacy of Dunces, which was cancelled I believe, starring Will Ferrel, which as anyone who's read the book knows, is a terrible choice.

Monkey Wrench Gang, which was also cancelled due to 9-11 and anti-terrorism, it was seen as too counterproductive in the war against terrorism...

5. thaioneon

thaioneon New Member

i pretty psyched about next year's "beowulf" CGI adaptation. neil gaiman's involved... so it should be pretty awesome.

6. Fuijin

Fuijin New Member

Constantine 2
    Ash vs the Army of Undead (or something, another sequal to Evil Dead)
    Matrix 4: Rebirth (never gonna happen but i'd like to see it)
    Ghostbusters 3
    Hulk 2
    The Hobbit
    SW: Ep 7, 8, 9

(if i can think of anything else i will edit back later)

7. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

Funny you say T4 because I watched part 3 last night and it ended at a perfect spot for part 5 to beging. Even if Arnold isnt in it, someone else could play the role.

I bet if Arnold doesnt get another term in office he'd make it, maybe everyone is waiting to see if he wins another term or not.

8. Gavin

Gavin Active Member

Ender's Game.

9. LemonPupcake

LemonPupcake New Member

one was enough..
    don't get me wrong, the movie was great.
    but i don't think i could deal with another six months of hearing people quoting that movie.

10. Chevere

Chevere Guest

11. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

With the modern technology/CGI, that could be so awesome.

I would like to see Starship Troopers done again, but with real power armor this time.

12. SquallRm

SquallRm New Member

I would love for them to make Catcher in the Rye, but idk it will be really hard capturing the thought of the character.

13. lionsgraphics

lionsgraphics OT Supporter

good one.

I always wanted someone to make Max Payne: the movie. I absolutely loved the game. So I thought it would be great gory, gloomy, dark, noir-esque film with good actors about revenge of a cop. Now some stupid ass B-movie director picked it up and I think he secured the rights so I guess he's doin' it :ugh2: Way to fuck up my dream.

Choke (based on Palahniuk's book) would be funny ass film with lotsa sex :hsd:

Out of sequels, Usual Suspects 2, remake of Metropolis would be nice, Blade Runner2, Citizen Kane 2 :ugh: (just to hear everyone whine and bitch including me).

14. thatguyoverthere

thatguyoverthere New Member

Titanic 2!

But seriously,

The Diary Of Jack The Ripper

Remakes:
    Fantastic Voyage (I'm surprised that they haven't made this one yet)
    Westworld
    The Andromeda Strain

And ones that were announced but are in development hell:
    The Farrely Brothers Three Stooges movie
    Janis Joplin biopic
    Jimi Hendrix biopic

15. avsp

avsp "And we won't be together much longer Unless we re

Alan Moores graphic novel Watchmen has recently fallen back into turnaround.

There were plans for a 12 1 hour TV shows with Gilliam directing, but a Hayer scripted cut-down version was on the cards. Either would have done, though I'd've prefered Gilliam.

I know adaptation of Moores work havent gone down that well & that Watchmen presents an especially difficult challenge, but I want a good watchmen movie

There is no point re-making Westworld as its already perfect.

16. xswe

xswe Guest

I also think dune would wake a great movie. The wheel of time series by robert jordan would be good as well, but its a ten book series so thats doubtful. Im a star trek fanatic so i've always hoped that a deep space nine movie would be made.:dunno:

17. edrox

edrox A good man, and thorough

No remakes
    no sequels
    no tv shows/video games/comic books/cereal commercials adapted to the big screen.

Here's a thought - how about something CREATIVE and ORIGINAL.... it might just catch on!

18. avsp

doesnt the nature of the thread really require some pre-existing source? OTOH you are right, there isnt enough originality in hollywierd at present.

or, alternatively, perhaps this should be the response, ...,

what?, ..., you expect us to post the synopsis of our fantasies, here?!?!, ..., on the board??!!??!!, where any hollywierd sleazebag can steal our precious babies, before we've had a chance to pitch them ourselves in L.A.? ;)

i'd like to see a creative & original take on a buddy cop movie with a blond guy & a dark haired guy bonding whilst having car chases. with plenty of explosions. prefereably starring some slightly-less-famous-than-they-used-to-be actors cast in a role slitghly against type. further the film should make numerous references to other films & seek to subvert the genre. perhaps it could herald the arrival of a new maverick directir too.

does quinten have any kids?

=====
    dune, eh?
    isnt that just a bit too 'jihadist' for hoolywierd to swallow at the moment?
    its too long anyway as the Lynch version proves, ..., again a candidate for a HBO series of 1 hour shows IMO..

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  19. edrox

Sure, to some extent. I'm OK with adaptation of some novels or short stories to movies. There are a lot of great books that could make the transition to the big screen. Unfortunately, when taht hapens the movie is seldom as successful as the continuing stream of drivel that we have now. Novels don't usually have a lot of car chases and explosions.....

There are plenty of historical events that would make the basis for an interesting film. But whenever that happens, it seems that the director just can't help but put his own "spin" on the events in some way (Oliver Stone's "JFK"?).

And, I would like to see a few historically accurate biographies of some infleuntial or inspirational people.

20. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

I want to see another Beverly Hills Cop movie written and directed by Terrentino

21. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

Doom

we also need a third Matrix movie. I do not count the last one as part of the series as it sucked the big one.

We also need another Star Wars. Lets avoid the Ewok movies though. That shit sucked.

Many of Michael Chrichton's books make GREAT movies. I vote for Airframe. realistic and packed with human emotion, deception and general all around goodness.

We also need another bible movie to get the people all spazzed over again. Lets do it from the point of view of the devil though. Paint the devil as this misunderstood and discriminated-against hero. Make it a black actor as the devil (Chris Rock perhaps) and it would make a fortune. Don't make it too much of a comedy though. Show alternate explanations for Biblical stories. For example, the devil was actually trying to act as an advocate for humans. He felt that god was mistreating them and went to bat for them, God blasted his ass out of heaven and banished him. The catholic Church would hate it and every major christian church in the world would condemn it. The satanists would cheer!
    Kevin Smith and Michael Moore should write and direct it.

22. Fields

Fields New Member

Anything from author Chuck Palahniuk (author of Fight Club) would make a great movie, if they kept the same director as fight club, at least.

One movie I would rather die than see made is the rumored (im sure you all know and will bash me for not knowing if it true or not...i don't think it is) sequel to Kill Bill Vol1/2 called Kill The Bride or something, with Tarantino taking the daughter of Veronica Fox's character's child, and having her go on her own journey to kill Beatrix. The fact he would use the same girl in 20 years...i can't see this one being good. Normally i would think 'theres no chance' but tarantino is the type to do soemthing like this.

Also, even though it would ruin the book for everyone because it would inevitably suck, Cat's Cradle by kurt vonnegut

23. edrox

Never happen.

Kurt Vonnegut movie gross < $1m

"Bring it On" gross > $68m

Gotta play to the lowest common denominator.....

BTW - they are making a sequel to "Bring it on"? :barf:

24. avsp

this opens up the quewstion of documentaries.

I really enjoyed 'fog of war'.
    http://www.sonyclassics.com/fogofwar/indexFlash.html
    click here for fog of war @ imdb

The way it explictly invites the viewer to endlessly question the motives of all inbvolved, (including yourself) is a bit like movies with plot twists.

It also contains loads of iconic lines, just like , say, 'Apocalyse Now'

The music is good too.

So, inspired by that either looney commie-hating sep hawk & advocate of carpet bombing Curtis LeMay or veniel, black-hearted but troubled by it sep politician & president LBJ

actually a ollie stone LBJ movie would do, ..., I think ppl can accept that such things are 'fictionalised', ..., tho' equally a 'purer' one would do.

I'd pay to see internationally renowned greo-political f*ckwit Donald Rumsfeld do a movie with Errol Morris, (who regardless of his politics is good at his job, unlike, say, Donald Rumsfeld)

apologies to the board for the intrusion of a bit of politics, i couldnt help myself., sorry
    [

25. chizzle

chizzle New Member

Three Kingdoms epic trilogy would kick SOOOOOOO much ass...