mouse for carpal tunnel/RSI

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Reznik, May 17, 2005.

1. Reznik

Reznik New Member

Hey,
    People with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome/ Tendonitis/ DeQuervain / other types of RSI symptoms... what do you use for as a mouse?

I bought this one:
    [​IMG]

Bad CHOICE! my thumb and forearm started to hurt within 15 minutes of using it.:squint: It has a comfortable wrist position... but my pain stems from the fact that the trackball has to be used by thumb and this places a lot of stress on my thumb especially If I want to move the arrow or drag something accross the screen. And trying to control the arrow with a trackball is kinda hard especially if you want to bring it over a small part of the screen.

I am gonna return this and try other ones.... so what do you guys use? My arm hurts after I use the regular mouse for awhile.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

trackballs are BAD for people with bad wrists. I broke my wrist in football, and I use a computer 12+ hours a day now... so it hurts some times. I'm really liking my Logitech MX1000 mouse, tho.

3. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

When I got Carpal Tunnel I used the Logitech Mouseman Marble FX. It totally cleared up my issues.

[​IMG]

It uses a large ball instead of that little thumb ball you have, and works really well. I've recommended it to a few other folks and they all had good results.

Problem is that they no longer make it. Maybe try another style with the large ball instead of that tiny one? :dunno: