http://mmajunkie.com/news/15055/geg...l-not-vitor-belfort-at-affliction-trilogy.mma Gegard Mousasi meets Renato "Babalu" Sobral, not Vitor Belfort, at "Affliction: Trilogy" by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jun 01, 2009 at 1:35 pm ET With Vitor Belfort reportedly unwilling to fight at a weight class other than middleweight, former DREAM middleweight title-holder Gegard Mousasi (25-2-1) will instead fight Renato "Babalu" Sobral (32-8) at "Affliction: Trilogy" on Aug. 1. The news comes from www.M-1Global.com, which cited sources close to Mousasi. "Affliction: Trilogy" takes place at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. The preliminary card airs on HDNet, and the main card is available on pay-per-view. Affliction Vice President Tom Atencio is expected to make a formal announcement about the fight at press conferences scheduled for Wednesday in New York City and Thursday in Los Angeles. MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) confirmed the booking with a source close to Sobral, who said "Babalu" will likely defend his Strikeforce title in September. Soon after his victory over Mark Hunt last week in a DREAM.9 open-weight "Super Hulk" tournament bout, Mousasi told the website he was going to fight Belfort at upcoming the Affliction show. However, Belfort is reportedly set on fighting at middleweight, and Mousasi doesn't want to drop any lower than light heavyweight (though he said he would agree to a catch-weight bout). Mousasi is so serious about the move up in weight that he surrendered his DREAM middleweight belt prior to DREAM.9. Sobral, meanwhile, enters the bout as one of the 205-pound division's hottest fighters. The 33-year-old has posted five consecutive wins, including a November TKO win over Bobby Southworth (for the Strikeforce title) and a January submission win over Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou at "Affliction: Day of Reckoning." Mousasi, who's won 12 straight fights, will make his Affliction debut at the event. For continued coverage of "Affliction: Trilogy", stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.