Mount & Blade: Warband

Discussion in 'Gamers' Pulse' started by WyldKat, Apr 21, 2010.

1. WyldKat

WyldKat Come with me if you want to live.

Any other OTers playing this? I played the bittorrent trial for a few minutes and had to pick it up off of Steam. Single player is SOOO much fun. The game reminds me of Sid Meier's Pirates! only commanding a mercenary company instead of a ship full of pirates. I love the RPG elements too, as well as upgrading troops. Combat is so much fun too.

I'm not sure what to think about online though, I've only played a few games but it doesn't seem to have all the RPG elements that single player does. Maybe it's better in organized army vs army games?

2. Los

Los Active Member

>.>

3. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

could have been great, but it's terrible.

4. WyldKat

You guys didn't like it? I'm loving the single player, though I do admit I wish that multiplayer was more like single player. Like... have some massive map and people can fight over territory in real time.

5. Tzuma

Tzuma New Member

Thought I loved the original until it kind of just petered out in the story/development of the game, so passed on Warband. It has a lot of promise, especially in the combat, but lacks completeness (the series, not sure about Warband specifically).

6. WyldKat

I never played the original, maybe that's why I enjoy it so much?

I just wish MP was more like the single player.

7. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

Oh yeah, i love the single player... but it's essentially the same as m&b pre-xpac.

The thing that warband was supposed to bring to the table was multiplayer which BLOWS imo.

They could have had one of the most successful mp games ever made if they integrated campaigns and factions / races as the mp, but instead it's just round based dm type games.

8. WyldKat

See that's exactly what I felt was wrong with the multiplayer. I've never played a Mount & Blade game before so that's probably why I'm so blown away by the single player, I love it. I don't mind paying $30 for a really good single player game. Hopefully enough fans will want multiplayer that is like the singleplayer that they will consider it in the future.

9. s34s0ns

s34s0ns OT Supporter

Yeah, that's what I was hoping for. Sadly though, the mp feels like it's from the 90's.

Oh well:rolleyes:

10. fėnrir

fėnrir New Member

I just bought it after playing the first one since it was in beta form and I paid 5 or 10 dollars for it. Game fucking rocks. Tons of fun and I am only level 2. It's nice that it actually feels like a game now.