Motorola V80

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by wizeguy4, Jun 9, 2005.

1. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

Ok in my quest to find myself a new phone I think this will do it. I have T mobile and have not had a contract for a very long time now but I want to stay with them.

I do not text so a keyboard of any kind would be a waste
    I would like bluetooth
    I would like speakerphone
    I do not check my email from a phone
    I do not go on the net with a phone
    I really do not play any games on a phone either.
    I want MP3 ringtones

These were my requirments. I use a phone for, well, making phone calls and that is about it. BUt this phone looks like it does it with style! I like the look, and the price seems pretty good.

Anyone hear anything about them? good or bad? I have not found anyone on the net really who owns one and I do not know anyone IRL with one either. Review sites seems to agree that is ia a decent phone but I was wondering if there is anyone with some real expeireince with it?

2. If all the reviews on it sound pretty good then I'd go to the nearest T-Mobile retailer and ask what the people there personally think of it, not what the reviews on it are. Also, I've never heard of any Motorola phones really doing too bad at all, as far as anything goes, like breaking, malfunctioning, beyond just taking it to the store and a few minutes later it's fine. But if this does not satisfy you, I'd look on the Internet for techie forums and ask in some of those as well.

3. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

t mobile does not offer it, I would get an unlocked V80

4. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

I've played with them, they are VERY cheap, feel like they'll break when you swing em open. Shitty phone, weren't very successful.

Get the v635 if you want moto, it seems like a cool phone.

5. 11070

11070 OT Supporter

the 620 is nice too.. I have that one.

6. Ratven

Ratven OT Supporter

I have a V620 as well, really nicely built phone with great features.

After having owned it for 7 months now though, I've gotten sufficiently pissed off with the shitty phonebook on the Motorolas, and the inability to do file transfers through bluetooth. It's also kinda bulky and uncomfortable and a bitch to get a good case for; but that's a problem with most clamshells.

I'm currently in the market for either a V3 Razr (for thinness) or an Ericsson.

7. 11070

11070 OT Supporter

As soon as I move, I will be leaving the gsm world. VZ's pix/txt plans are really enticing and I've always liked their customer service.

8. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

Do you have lots of friends/family with verizon? Then the IN shit really is great.

9. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

I'm in the market for a new plan, i didnt see anything great about it; could u plz tell me why whats so great? Maybe i just missed it or something...

thank you:)

10. 11070

11070 OT Supporter

Great about what? Verizon? IMO their customer service is FAR better than Tmobile. I've never had cingular but right now, they don't seem to have a plan that's perfect for me. I have had verizon in the past and the only reason I left was because that lack of service where I am living now. Hell, even Tmobile isn't the best out here but I get at least SOME reception.. Now that VZ is offering the unlimited IN text and pix messaging plans, I'm all over this for that very reason.

11. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

I do not have to have a moto phone, it just seemed like they fit my needs best.

the v80 goes for about 230
    the v620 goes for about 280
    the v635 goes for about350

I do not think I can afford teh 635 even tho it does look very nice. and the v80 and the v620 seem to have a very similar set of features for them. But the v620 is quad band and the v80 is only tri band. Does the extra band make a huge difference?