Motorola V710 vs Moto RAZR V3

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Vineyard311, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Vineyard311

Vineyard311 Wanna Race?

Those are the two phones im looking at right now. Although Im sure somebody here will say there both shit, which one would you guys pick?

edit: how does the SE S710a rank with those phones also?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2005
  2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

the 710a blows them both away feature-wise. the V3 looks the slickest and the V710 is just meh.

3. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

Are you thinking about Cingular vs. Verizon? You should really look into the service first before you think about phones.

The moto v710 for VZW is dated, the e815 is much nicer (same specs for the most part, just improved).

The razr is an ok phone, I have one and its nothing special besides the thinness of it.

The s710a is a good phone if you don't care about the tradeoffs - big, beautiful screen, great cam; very large, poor mic placement, slow menus.

4. Vineyard311

Vineyard311 Wanna Race?

Yea, its basically come own to Cingular vs Verizon.

Im not looking to spend much money,the first two phones are free after contract on amazon.com

Ive got a SE T610 and the slow menus have always pissed me off, so im kind of leary about the s710.

I know the V710 is dated, but is it still a decent phone?

5. johan

johan Active Member

My buddy gave in and got the V710. I held off. He had problems with the first two, the third one is ok.
    Radio section and sound quality are great. Extra stuff is....so so. Cam, contacts, speed, etc.

Ok phone if you're going to use it only as a phone mostly.

But if you don't care much about the other stuff, then I'd get a smaller, slimmer phone. It's not particularly small or sleek.

My overall impression...meh. Don't bother, there's already better alternatives out there.

6. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

well its still has good features, but its a decent phone, I think there are newer firmwares that really help it out. A lot of people with the phone are happy. The razr is really just a trendy phone, there isn't much that is special about them. The v710 is a good phone, I'd personally go with the e815, but you said you don't want to spend much money, so I guess the v710 isnt a bad choice. And you're right about the S710a, it does have the slow menus, I don't know why SE can't do something abou thtat.

7. coolguy

coolguy Guest

i have the v710. its been behaving pretty well.. im just disappointed with the camera quality.

8. Vineyard311

Vineyard311 Wanna Race?

I ended up with the Razr Black Edition.

9. 92slammer

92slammer OT Supporter

go with the e815, I just got it and love it...gave the 710 to the wife