Motorola V180 Got Wet!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Maverick, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Maverick

Maverick Guest

I fell into a pool today and my Motorola V180 got soaked. I let it dry for the day and make sure it was fully dry by heating it with a blow dryer for 15 minutes. The phone STILL works!! But the backlight will not turn off!!! Even when I turn off the phone, its still on!!!! Is there any way to fix it or do I need a new V180.

2. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

just let it be for a week or so. the worst thing you can do when i a phone gets submerged is open it up. if there is still water in it, it will run more. just use it like it is for a week then worry about it

3. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Oh well, I'm getting a new in box UNLOCKED one on Egay. I don't think my V180 will ever be the same. The keypad is "different" and it squeaks when I open it. The new V180 is going to get a waterproof case, or I'll just be smart and keep my cellphone is my truck when I'm working. :)

4. perry

perry burp

I ran my Nokia 8260 through the washer a few weeks ago... Actually, mom heard it clunking around in the dryer! (don't have a washing machine at my apartment) She got it out and tried to turn it on. Doh.

Knowing that the damage was done, I took it apart and rinsed everything down w/ rubbing alcohol. Let it dry, put it back together.. Been using it ever since. The speaker sounds a little muddy.. like you're talking through a bowl of water (imagine that), but otherwise, it works just fine.

5. Branislav

Branislav orly?

are you a pool man?

6. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

Sorry to hear you bought a V180, hope you don't buy another one. :)