Motorola Question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Jefferson, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Jefferson

Jefferson Active Member

I'm looking to get the 710 and the stores in my area don't have a clue about it's capabilities and i'm wondering if i can make mp3 ringtones and place them on the phone

2. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

I'm almost 100% sure you can with the 710

has a built in MP3 player according to phonescoop.com so I would say yes you can

3. 92slammer

92slammer OT Supporter

ive got the phone and love it, the only problem is verizon has locked alot of the bluetooth abilities. it has alot of nice features such as mp3, expansion slot, bluetooth. i make my own ringtones all the time

4. Ardentfrost

Ardentfrost Jesus is so f*kin' metal

I have the phone and have hacked it up pretty good.

I ended up installing the Telus Mobility image on my phone so I could have java games. Brew sucks.

It does MP3 ringtones, but the lack of OBEX support for bluetooth sucks the big one (it means you need the USB cable if you want to do anything really cool with it).

There are good tutorials out there to make the phone work better for you. I like how my phone plays 50 Cent - In Da Club when my girl calls ;) And I have some good java games, and free internet.

I wrote up everything I've done to my phone on my website. I'll share the address with anyone who is interested, but as unique as my name is, google will allow you to find it pretty easily.