Motorola e815 vs. Samsung a680

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Chris87, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Chris87

Chris87 flatoutperformance.com

I need a new phone. These 2 models are basically my last 2 options. Both are flip, camera, + video phones. the E815 has mp3 + bluetooth also.

I'd like to choose the one that will be the easiest for me to download screensavers, ringtones, games, pictures, etc onto the phone. I need to do this via a data cable, usb/bluetooth, or memory card, b/c I'm not paying extra for internet.

The salesmen are all useless b/c all they tell me is "oohhh, well you just pay for internet on your phone, then pay $2 per download." Fuck that.

Can someone help me out? I know the samsung doesn't have a memory card slot, and i've 'heard' you can't use a data cable?

Thanks.

2. q_tip98444

q_tip98444 New Member

Well idk about some of your questions, but I used to have an a680 with qwest, great phone, but some of the ringtones seem to distress the speaker, just thought I'd mention that if loud ringtones are important to you. The sound is good reception is great, battery life is decent, I averaged about four days using it every day. Its a very small phone, the screen is great, and as far as downloading, I just got a subscription to 3guploads.com and the rest is history. *my net was free with the plan I had* Good luck finding the one you want, I've been thru about 20 phones in four years

3. Chris87

Thanks. I go through about 1 phone every 4 years, so I gotta make sure my choice is the right one. :o

I think the Motorola seems alot more advance. I'm really liking the fact that you can put a micro SD memory card in there.

4. Vagabond

Vagabond Nope. OT Supporter

If I'm thinking of the right a680, that thing is OLD. If it's got the little mirror in the front of it, that's the one I'm thinking off.

I'm assuming you have Verizon now, and if you're sticking with them get the 815. Easy choice.

5. Chris87

You're probably thinking of the same A680.I live up in Canadia. My coverage is thru Sasktel (CDMA), and they have THE SHITTIEST phones on earth. The A680 has been available for about a year now up here.

I went to the cell place today, and you cannot use a cable to download shit onto the A680. The E815 is sweet, but 2 negatives...

1) It doesn't have tri-mode coverage - only digital, no analog.
    2) The phone is fucking HUGE.