Motorcycles and stickers :o

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by about:blank, Jul 18, 2006.

1. about:blank

about:blank Whether you think that you can or that you can't,

I have a bike (see av). Owned it for about a year, only 4500 miles and wash it regularly and use a Honda Spray on polish/cleaner. It's getting to the point where it needs some paint care and I thought a regular wax will just be enought (noobie to the max) :o

So right now I have S100 wax and S100 bike wash :o

What other products do I need to keep my paint looking new? How would I deal with surface stickers?

PS: Suzuki is notorious for shitty paint jobs so it needs to be gentle. There's only 2 minor scratches on the rear cowl where I clipped it with my boot getting on the bike :hs:

2. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Youve preaty much got the right stuff. You can treat bike paint preaty much like car paint. Its usualyl a bit thinner then car paint, but generally the same stuff. Just about any car product will work fine on a bike. Though most bike products are designed to work on metals, and chrome, without spotting or maring, etc.

Youve already got to great products. Two others i would recemend would be...

S100 Total cycle cleaner
    S100 Shine Enhancing Paint Cleaner (SEPC)

Steps

Rinse
    S100 Total Cycle Cleaner
    Rinse
    Bike Wash
    Rinse
    Dry
    Apply SEPC
    Buff off
    Then top with a coat of S100 Wax.
    And buff off.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Yeah, what Buck said. :)

4. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Oh, one thing i forgot to mention...decals.

You can wax them and treat them just like the paint.

However, make sure you take special care not to get any SEPC (or other paint polish, or a wax that dries chalky white) caked into the seam where the decal meats the paint at the edge. It likes to trap shit. Other then that, you cant really hurt them. And they should hold up plenty fine.

5. about:blank

about:blank Whether you think that you can or that you can't,

Thanks a lot Buck-O!

[​IMG]
    I meant to say the "Total Cycle Cleaner" instead of bike wash :o I'll run out and get the SEPC later today :)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2006
  6. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

:bigok:

heh, the bike shop you got thatfrom uses Lightspeed NXT...can tell by the generated lable.

Have fun detailing your bike!