Motorcycle Wreck Stories

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by soldier1986, Mar 3, 2009.

1. soldier1986

soldier1986 New Member

So i was looking through my sportbike magazines and it gave me an idea. If its lame dont post. Since they say its inevitable to not go down at least once while riding. here is my story. i have pictures but they wont let me post them. feel free to post your story and pictures also.

Well it happened in Sept. It was 5 days after my birthday and the first day back from leave. After a nice long day of work and finally getting my new bike legal. My buddy and I go out for my inaugeral ride. Im riding my 07 Kawi ZX6R. We went to his girls house to eat dinner and pick her up. We are riding around all over having a good time. We end up driving south for about 20 miles and turn around. On the way back I am riding in the second lane from the right just cruising at about 70. I see a silver Mercedes fly by me in the slow lane like I am sitting still. I looked over my right shoulder to see what was coming. No sooner do I do that I see a Silver BMW coming into the lane. I lean my bike to the left to make room but no luck. He hits me and sends me tumbling down the Highway. The last thought I had was FUCK! right before I hit my head on the ground. I woke up next to a wall. They carted me off to the hospital in an ambulance. The shitty part was he drove off without stopping and my buddy couldnt get his tags. I had all my gear on except pants so I burned up my right leg pretty bad. Punctured my left knee somehow and had a bit of rash on my lower back. Finally walked out of the hospital 5 hours later. I am definatly investing in some sort of leg protection.

Well thats my story. Share yours if you would like.

2. crunchy_black

crunchy_black OT Supporter

I binned my bike only 2-3 weeks ago.

Luckily i was only going slow. I was wearing Jeans and a T-shirt.
    Minor grazes, huge bruise on my hip. Nothing broken.
    Bikes write off. I just clipped the front of her car, went over the front.

[​IMG]

3. igotyofire

igotyofire New Member

4. swedishstar

swedishstar Active Member

5. soldier1986

soldier1986 New Member

yea i hate seeing that story. Its a terrible thing. I hope everyone is being safe and enjoying riding. Stupid riders dont ride long.

6. LiveSideways

LiveSideways Two bitches at the same time, synchronized swimmer

7. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

8. AtHomeInSpace

AtHomeInSpace New Member

cool boots.

oh wait. he wasn't wearing em.
    ps> glad you're ok soldja!
    I always wanted a tank bag and a gun for douchebags like that.
    One thing I did to both my bikes before riding them anywhere is getting a $13 car horn from the local parts store. I know that wouldn't have helped in your situation, but when bishes merge with no signal, w/o looking, phone up to left ear, elbow propped up on the window sill, makes em stop what they're doing.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  9. Worst wreck I highsided my 98f3 about 3 years ago and broke my back,ripped my achilies tendon,and got some pretty sweet road rash. 1 year of traction and physical therapy I got back on another bike. About 9 months ago I looped a wheelie showing off at a bike night and broke my shoulder,collar bone,3 ribs and again got some pretty narley road rash. Luckily those were the only major incidents I have had. I got lucky on the bike and even luckier we have a closed place in seattle we ride where there are no cars or pedestrians to put in harm or harm us.