Motorcycle School

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Sexy_SV, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Sexy_SV

Sexy_SV Guest

Well just last thurs I finished my motorcycle course I still have to take a lot test but OMG now I know why you all get bike fever.I cannot beleive the feeling I had when riding down the street at 70/km on 2 wheels.It felt amazing and I have decided that Im getting a 200something or rather kawasaki ninja.Im thinking perhaps a 2003 ZZR 250 or whatever I can find thats 2000 and +.Well here is a pic of our graduating class!!
    [​IMG]

Im the short one in the middle.Thats the 2003 kaw ZZr 250.Thats what I did my training on.Perfect bike for me cause im so little =)

2. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

I'm not a big fan of the smaller Ninjas (250 & 500s). Have you looked at a Suzuki GS500?

My SVeezee:

[​IMG]

3. ASUMatte0

ASUMatte0 Guest

dont get a new bike for your first bike.....you are just gonna lay it down so dont waste your money

4. Sexy_SV

Sexy_SV Guest

Well at the school where I was learning they had the GS500's but it was way to big for me.I could barely touch ground.The intructors chose the bikes for us and they never once asked me to go on the GS500 because they knew I was uncomfortable with it.But it is a very cool bike.They sound awesome!The ninja is just for starters.Until Im familiar enough to get a bigger one.
    If i get a new bike and dump it thats my problem.I might dump it I might not.But thats why I took this training course was to learn how to not dump it.And I never once came close to dropping it :)

5. Sexy_SV

Sexy_SV Guest

hey wolf is that a dent in your gas tank??If so what happened?

6. ASUMatte0

ASUMatte0 Guest

and how long did you ride at the course? and how long will you ride outside the course? that isnt a good estimate of whether or not you will go down.

the fact is, there is alot of factors you cant control: other traffic, pedestrians, road conditions....all of which can aid in putting you and your bike sliding on the ground.

yea its your problem, i just dont want to hear someone wasting thier money, you could get an older 250EX for like 1000 bux.

IMO.... :dunno:

keep us posted

7. Wolf

My bike is "experienced". Been down 3 times so far. The dent in the tank is from my last wreck in March 02. Lost it in a curve and highsided. Handlebars bent in and dented the tank, and I fractured my wrist when I hit the ground (put down my hand to break the fall, wrist bent back). But I rode it home! :bigthumb:

[​IMG]

8. Sexy_SV

Sexy_SV Guest

OMG your nuts!!Are you going to get it fixed?Im glad to see that your ok!ASUMatt I see where your coming from and I really dont know yet if im going to get a new one or used.Most likely used but I have to wait and see what kind of money comes along.I took the course for 4 days and I know thre are alot of things that can make me crash.But over the time that I dont have a bike i'll be riding my moms old Radian and hopefully that will give me more road experience and enough to buy a new bike.But we will see I will definetely keep you updated :)

9. Vtec44

Vtec44 OG!

Get a used ZZR 250. I wish they have it here in the US instead of the out dated looking 250R. BTW, which one are you in that pic? :big grin:

10. Sexy_SV

Sexy_SV Guest

Yes I want to.Thats what we used was the 2003 ZZR 250.Very sweet bike.Im just going to keep my eyes peeled for hopefully 2000 + 250's... Who do u want me to be in that pic?Or rather who do U think I am in that pic?;)

11. Wolf

Yeah, a couple months ago a bought a used tank from a friend with just a small dimple in the side instead of the massive dent.

12. Vtec44

Vtec44 OG!

Just point out which one you are :big grin: :p

13. Sexy_SV

Sexy_SV Guest

lol IM the short one.Enough said :p

14. Wolf

15. Vtec44

Vtec44 OG!

16. Sexy_SV

Sexy_SV Guest

lol teehee thanks Vtec!!! :wiggle:

17. iguana

iguana Guest

Where?

People ask for $2k minimum for their POS mid-90's 250's because the market is so hot for them.

$1k for a 250 in good condition is a steal.