Motorcycle Crew......... Quick Question......

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by apollotrance1, Mar 15, 2009.

1. apollotrance1

apollotrance1 Active Member

So I think I might sell my bike. It is a '05 GSXR1000, and I plan on selling it to a friend in the Army. My only problem now is, what to "upgrade" too. Before the 1000, I had a '03 CBR 600rr. I don't care for the Busa or the ZX14, both are too big and heavy for my taste, and I don't want a newer GSXR 1000 because all of the ecu mapping controls. What do you guys think of a motard??? And possibly the Ducati SuperMotard??? I like that style and I know that thing is fast in the corners. What else do you guys think of that might come to mind???

2. swedishstar

swedishstar Active Member

Are you trying to get out of literbikes all together, or are you just helping a friend out? The new CBR1ks look sharp, as does everything else out there. :rofl: It's kinda nice to stumble upon something and have it take you by surprise...something you never thought you would like. But is there anything that strike a chord? The motard just a thought to toy with?

3. apollotrance1

apollotrance1 Active Member

Not really trying to leave the liter bike scene, but looking for something different. I was just thinking about selling it and getting something new, and he said he could make the purchase. I bought it brand new in '06. The new CBR 1k's look like they ran into a brick wall with that flat looking nose :rofl:. I would like to stay with a liter bike. And yeah, the motard idea was to play with, they look so badass sliding around a track :bowdown:

4. swedishstar

swedishstar Active Member

I think Honda went back to it's heavy-weight roots when they did the 1k for '08. [​IMG]

Suzuki raised their prices atrociously for 09. The new R1 is $$$$$$. They sound :bowdown: Find a closeout 08 ZX-10? Ducati 1098 closeout?...1198/1198s new. I wish triumph had a liter that could contend power wise. Aprilia Tuono or Mille?