MotoGP 2005 at Laguna Seca in California

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by s_ride, Aug 28, 2004.

1. s_ride

s_ride Guest

Im suprised i didn't already see 500 topics on this subject here like every other biking forum, anyways...

MotoGP is coming to the United States in 2005, July 8, 9, 10, that weekend. Its going to be at Laguna Seca Raceway in northern california in Monterey, just south of San Francisco. And the hotels in the area are already being booked, the embassy suites is entirely full already.

I'll be there, buying my 3 day pass and booking hotel next week.

2. s_ride

s_ride Guest

shit, i have 500 posts...time to donate.

3. s a x m a n

s a x m a n New Member

I've already purchased my 3 day pass and paddock pass!!!

I can't wait!

Just need to make hotel reservations and book a flight ....

4. Ducky_Fresh

Ducky_Fresh Guest

I have tickets and the hotel room booked. See you kids there.

5. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

I will be there too! :bigthumb:

6. gethamerd

gethamerd Guest

thats great i have to make it

7. s a x m a n

s a x m a n New Member

if you want to get into the paddock i recommend getting that pass now atleast, becuase its limited ...

8. penfold

penfold New Member

rumor has it that Yamaha is throwin $2mill at the track before the race. a new pedestrian bridge over the famous corkscrew and a few other things. I'll try and find the thread I read on another forum about it.

9. s a x m a n

s a x m a n New Member

its not rumor, its true ... Yamaha is co-sponsoring the event and looks to almost fully fund al the safty changes that need to be made

----------

Bombshell # 2: Yamaha To Fund Laguna USGP Track Improvements
    by dean adams
    Wednesday, September 29, 2004
    This just in from Yamaha:

Yamaha Paves the Way for the 2005 Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix

Hallmark Agreement to Fund Track Improvements is an Unprecedented Move and Commitment to U.S. Fans

MONTEREY, Calif. (Sept. 29, 2004) - Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is stepping up to fund the track safety improvements required by the Federation Internationale de Motorcyclisme (FIM) to homologate the track for the 2005 Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix, round nine of 17 in the 2005 MotoGP World Championship.

In addition to sponsoring the track improvements, Yamaha is serving as the official motorcycle at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and as a "Proud Sponsor" of the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix through 2007.

"We're thrilled by the interest from Yamaha in particular and the motorcycle community overall in this event coming to the U.S.," said Gill Campbell, CEO/general manager of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. "Yamaha's generosity has made it possible to bring the MotoGP World Championship back to the USA for the fans to enjoy."

"Helping bring the MotoGP World Championship back to the U.S. was an excellent opportunity for us to show our appreciation for our customers and fans," said Bob Starr, corporate communications manager, at Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA. "And since this race corresponds with Yamaha's 50th anniversary, we could think of no better way to celebrate than with over 100,000 U.S. fans."

Plans for the track improvements were completed in concert with Claude Danis, president and circuit inspector for the FIM, and the necessary permits are being obtained. Work is scheduled to begin in November, with the first phase to increase runoff area in Turn 9 (Rainey Curve). The Turn 9 bridge will be moved Dec. 22 through 24 to an area between Turns 8A and 9. The track will remain open during this phase of construction.

Other changes being made to the circuit include widening the front straight by moving the outside (riders' right) wall back and increasing the run-off area in several turns, including Turn 2 (Andretti Hairpin). These changes will be made when the track is shut down completely from May 2-June 15. The paddock will remain operational during this time.

Tickets for the 2005 Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix are on sale now. General admission tickets and a limited number of paddock passes are on sale via the track's ticket office - 1-800-327-SECA (7322) - during normal business hours or online at www.laguna-seca.com/Tickets.

Support events for the 2005 Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix have yet to be determined.

10. penfold

penfold New Member

11. mitsuguy16

mitsuguy16 New Member

how much are the tickets??