SRS Motivation...not sure where to start

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by YourMomOnRyeBun, Jul 9, 2007.

1. YourMomOnRyeBun

YourMomOnRyeBun New Member

I could make this rant 5 pages long, but I will try to stick to just one issue.

I start every day depressed because I have to go to work. My job isn't really all that bad, but I detest the fact that I have to go. Not sure why... At work I pretty much just fuck around on the web all day. Even though I have plenty to do. Even when I am approaching a deadline, I can't get motivated enough to work on my tasks. Is this lazy? Or is it something else?

I also own a business completely unrelated to my job. When I work on this I would consider myself an "over-achiever". I have no problem getting motivated to work on this.

Am I looking for advice? Or just a chance to vent...I am not sure. Am I depressed? Or just un-happy with my employment? I don't really know. Every job I have, I eventually get to this point. Am I just having a hard time dealing with "having a job"...or have I just done a poor job selecting employment. I can't think of a single "real job" that I have ever had that I would consider a "dream job". I get jealous when people honestly say "I love my job".

My "dream" would be to grow my side business into a full time gig. But what I then got bored with that? Then what would I do? See the problem is, I don't know if I am bummed about my actual job, or the fact that I have to go to work every day.

Don't take this the wrong way. I am not generally a lazy person. In fact, when I am doing something I am interested in, I am an incredibly hard worker. Like I said, over-achiever.

Maybe I just need to find something I am more interested in? But that is blaming it on the job. What if the real fault is myself? :ugh:

2. mrchina

mrchina Guest

Maybe it's because over the time you've been working for your current employer no matter how hard you work or slack off your pay is the same.... but when you rely on only yourself to get a job done if you work hard you see direct results.

Realistically, could your business succeed if you turned it into a full time opportunity?

3. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Personally, it looks like you just need some time to vent a little bit. Don't hold anything back and just tell us what's on your mind. It's a great way to get a lot of weight off your shoulders.

Stop saying "What if this" and "What if that." How old are you? You probably have a whole life (if not, half your life) ahead of you still. If anything, now is the time to take some risks and try something new. Don't be afraid of what the future may have in store for you if you haven't tried to find out what it would be like.