SRS Mothers Day sucks!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bella, May 8, 2005.

1. Bella

Bella New Member

:hs: So my mom has done alot for me this last year, I had to move back in due to money, and now everything is paid even her.

SO she's trying to sell our house and she's been stressed so I thought I'll hire the same company that cleans model homes. Soent 350 on just that, I get the yard looking nice and plant flowers another 75. Tell her to be ready at 10:30 so we can go to Ihop, I wake up at 9:45 hand her a card, chocolate and see that she's already eating. I'm confused so she's like ok well we'll go to dinner sometme or lunch. We get ready to go to my grandmothers house, my dad comes down all pissed cause I didn't have a gift. WTF???? I just made your house look worth Millions and 435.00 later I still need a gift?? She comes down pissed saying her day sucks and that it's ruined and she doesn't want me to go to my grandmothers with her.
    For those of you might remember this is the same mom that told me on Christmas that she didn't want me there because it needed to be a family affair so I was sent away, as well as on my birthday she left for vacation and I got a card which is fine with me.
    I'm tired of caring:wtc:

Cliffs: mom stressed recently about selling house, I spend 435 for a cleaning service so she doesn't have to be stressed about cleaning all the time, fix yard, plans for breakfast, find her eating, now she's pissed cause of no gift??

2. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:( that sucks...

i hate people who equate thankfulness with some sort of material/monetary item. you definitely need to discuss this with her though. let her know how you feel :(

3. LiQuiD_FuSioN

LiQuiD_FuSioN New Member

My mother's day:

Started off normal, we're having lunch. She embarasses me, burps and talks loud which is normal. We drive off, she gets pissy and picks a fight. Next thing, we're fighting like any other day, yelling at the top of our lungs in the car. We go home, fight even more, she constantly flaps her big fat mouth, even opens the door and screams my name out, yells some more. I get my shit and go upstairs until I got to work.

Then while I was getting off work, she calls and asks where I am. lol, the dumb bitch throws a bad ass tantrum on me, then she gets soft. Cold hot, cold hot, all the time ffs. Can't wait to move out.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I think you really have a wrong idea on what a gift is, a gift is more something that you can put in her hands. Rather then something that she has to gues. At any rate you have been really unfortunate with your family and you know what. You did this out of love for her, and that's all that counts. I wouldn't try to chase your family's approval, because chances are very unlikely that you will ever get it. Clearly your family wants 'tokens' from you that are worthy to show. You have to live a worthy life, do worthy things, do things that bring proud and joy on your family and not shame and dishonour. If i didn't knew any better, id say your parents where japanese or something. Now if you really are going to do these things is questionable , you see you is you, and they have to accept you for who you are, and i gues you and your family aren't really on the same line when it comes to things, clearly you are entirelly different then they are. And positive whise your parents seem to be a lot stronger then you are. I gues that is where the problem lies, i think they wanted someone to be stronger then them. But you have to be satisfied with what you are and try to improve things where you can. Especially when it comes to MANAGMENT, you could learn a lot of things. Its all about positive numbers.

5. Bella

Bella New Member

Yea my mom was bon in Holland in a strict catholic family and my step dad grew up in Denver but they are exactly the same. They are more the straight line people I'm more of taking the loopy way so I can see different things. ( I hopt that made sense). Since moving home I've improved so much on my financial situation and now more aware of what I'm doing.
    They know that my weakness is family and they play off it and I know it. I've never yelled at them like I did now and now we are not on speaking terms. It just drives me crazy and I realize that family doesnt have to be blood. Ok I'm rambeling but you all get the idea.
    Thanks for your responses :wavey:

6. Killa B

Killa B Abuse This!

:hug: Seems like you can't win no matter what you do

7. Verdugo

Verdugo New Member

Yeah, it's sad for those who realize that they just will never find someone who will love them unconditionally and learn to treat them right despite of their current mood.

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Don't seek approval, You know you should just try your best, that's all you can do.

The bible says' honour your parents ' , and that is basically your job to do. You know no matter if you are wonderfull or scum , you will always be their child wether they like it or not. That's your advantage, and you should just try to love them and help out around the house. Keep your focus on that, and on achieving a better position around the house by being a STABLE + Carefulll + Money Saving person. Who makes well overweighed choises about the future in your life.

9. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

Your mother is amazingly dysfunctional. Treat her with respect, but your dealing with one messed up mama. Go with the flow until your in a position to move out.

10. johan

johan Active Member

Honour your parents...sure.
    Honour yourself by getting the hell out of there.

You can honour your parents by sending a nice gift basket or some other showy and obvious present (so they can't misread the fact that its a GIFT) on holidays and special occasions.

Sorry to say, but sometimes you must safeguard yourself (and in time, your family/kids) by having reduced or minimal contact with your so-called parents.

11. Bella

Bella New Member

Yea I will respect her and honor her as much as I can. Looks like I'll be out in June hopfully. And because of her I know what I will and will not have shown to my future kids. Her idea of love is far different than what I think the rest of the world sees it. I know she doesn't get it from her mother or father cause they show me much more care than my own mother does. But as of now I'm done, I'll help out and respect her but approval is long gone. I'm over it
    :)