Motherboard and Processor?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by XxRicanxX, Jan 14, 2003.

1. XxRicanxX

XxRicanxX New Member

I am in the process of building a computer. I just picked received my computer case in the mail and now I am in the search for a motherboard and processor.

I would like to have the following things in the computer that I want to build: 512MB memory, 80Gig HD, DVD, CD-RW, Zip Drive, USB connections, etc...

1) Does anyone have any good advise on which motherboard/processor I should invest in?

2) Where is the best place to purchase them?

Any websites that you may know of that will help me out in my project will be very helpful. Also, any other information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

3. Aimless

Aimless Resident drunkey

4. XxRicanxX

XxRicanxX New Member

Anyone?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2003
  5. Kabuko

Kabuko Guest

What the... people who want to help ask you how much you want to spend, and you reply saying "Anyone?"... I'm a bit confused. Do you want help or not? If you're looking for value, I think currently the AMD XP2100+ is a pretty good buy. I'd get an nForce2 board with that, personally I like the Asus A7N8X Deluxe. http://www.newegg.com is useful.

6. Toaster

Toaster Guest

i am in the same boat, i need a new motherboard and processor but i am sure i want intel. I ma looking for a motherboard that can handle the new ddr memory, 8x agp ,raid 0,1,0+1, usb 2.0, lan,6 channel sound . What is the best board available that meets those specs, i am not interested in overclocking and i will probably want to go with the 2.4 or 2.53 mhz chip. any ideas or help would be appreciated.

7. Aimless

Aimless Resident drunkey

:werd: Kabuko... my favorite board on the market right now

8. Toaster

Toaster Guest

anyone?

9. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

I'd start with Asus and their website - they have a pretty wide range of boards. I'd recommend against onboard sound if you want good quality (I don't even know if they make 6.1 systems on MB yet). Find an ASUS board you like and then compare.

10. Camcam

Camcam J.U.N.K.E.R.

I'd highly recommend the Asus a7n8x deluxe. Very good onboard sound/lan/etc. Or you can get the non-deluxe with no 6.1 surround sound (what I have now).