most vesitalie driver

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by flynfrog, Jan 19, 2002.

1. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

id ahve to go with robby gordon jstu becase hes done every thing form baja to indy to nascar

or travis prastrana he does MX and he did a rally race for subaru a while back i thik he could drive anything

or tony stewrard won the cocacola 600 flew up to teh indy and got second i think all in the same day 1100 miles of racing :eek:

2. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Jus tto clarify Travis did a "promotional test" of a detuned Subaru WRcar with current SCCA Pro-Rally Champions Mark Lovell. There was talk that Travis MIGHT drive for them in an SCCA Pro-Rally some time, but that was just speculation and rumor.
    The whole test drive and all was just a Promotional gig for Alpinestar.

As for the most versital driver.

I would have to say Boris Said. Hes done IRL, CART, NASCAR (Bush, Winston, and Truck), midgets/sprint, Trans-Am, ALMS, and many other touring/GT car series, as well as off-road ranging from Baja to Rally, and all inbetween.
    Im not sure of ANY other driver that can compare to the number of series, and types of vehivcles Boris Said has driven in. And all things considered, being a jack of all trades he has done VERY well. While not really winning that often, he usually always places in the top 10, and very rarly ever wrecks a car. Somthing that even many top drivers cant do.

As for my favorite top driver, it without a doubt Carlos Sainze. Hes cool, calm, and collected. And has a great personality to boot. He run in FIA GT, did some testing for the Alpha DTM team back in the 80's. As well as some Formula 3000, carting, even a brief stint in the FIM. And of course, rallying.
    he doesnt have an incredibly varied list of drives, but hes a great guy, and an awesome competitor. And i gotta give him props for that.

3. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

boris said is often used in nascar as a hired gun on the road courese i kinda forgot about him
    thanks for clarifiying the prostrana thing taht kid has tallent and is a realy cool guy i got to talk to him at a super cross race

4. Guido The Penguin

Guido The Penguin Hi, I'm here for the gang bang.

Yeah, I'd have to name Boris Said as my choice of most versatile driver. I dont remember how many times last year he'd run a race in one type of car, then an hour or so later, be running in another race in a different type of car.

Forgot who (think it was Bob Varsha) but a Speedvision announcer made the comment last year that if it had 4 wheels, Boris Said could race it.

As far as favorite driver? Thats a tough call. Richard Burns has always been a fave of mine, along with Carlos Sainz and Mika Hakkinen.

But a new fave for me would be Petter Solberg. He's mine and alot of other people's tip for being a future WRC champion.