most of you prolly know this but intresting nonetheless : 50% of teens in oral sex

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by bigman7903, Sep 16, 2005.

1. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

Makes me feel all left out, i guess i have to work a little harder :naughty:

Study: Half of All Teens Have Had Oral Sex

By Laura Sessions Stepp
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Friday, September 16, 2005; Page A07

Slightly more than half of American teenagers ages 15 to 19 have engaged in oral sex, with females and males reporting similar levels of experience, according to the most comprehensive national survey of sexual behaviors ever released by the federal government.

The report released yesterday by the National Center for Health Statistics shows that the proportion increases with age to about 70 percent of all 18- and 19-year-olds. That figure is considerably higher for those who also have engaged in intercourse.

Several leaders of organizations that study or work with youth expressed surprise at the level of girls' participation. "You assume that females are more likely to give, males more likely to receive," said Jennifer Manlove, who directs fertility research for the organization Child Trends. "We were surprised that the percentages were similar."

A report by the center nine months ago, based on the same survey, showed that slightly more girls than boys have intercourse before they turn 20. In addition, other national data indicate that the proportion of high school girls who have one-night stands, as well as nonromantic sexual relationships, equals boys.

"This is a point of major social transition," James Wagoner, president of Advocates for Youth, a reproductive health organization, said yesterday. "The data are now coming out and roiling the idea that boys are the hunters and young girls are the prey. It absolutely defies the stereotype."

Joe McIllhaney Jr., chairman of the Medical Institute for Sexual Health, said the new data confirm trends he has seen as a physician, but he has doubts about some of Wagoner's conclusions. "I question how much girls enjoy" oral sex, he said."I'd like to know a whole lot more about the pressure boys put on girls."

The data also underscore the fact that many young people -- particularly those from middle- and upper-income white families -- simply do not consider oral sex to be as significant as their parents' generation does. "Oral sex is far less intimate than intercourse. It's a different kind of relationship," said Claire Brindis, professor of pediatrics at the University of California at San Francisco. "At 50 percent, we're talking about a major social norm. It's part of kids' lives."

Bill Albert, communications director for the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, put the generational difference this way: "We used to talk about sex in terms of first base, second base and so on. Oral sex was maybe in the dugout." The news for parents, he said, is that they must broaden the discussions they have with their children about sex and be more specific. "If they want their teens to abstain from sex, they need to say exactly what they want their kids to abstain from."

The entire survey, administered in 2002 and 2003, includes a variety of findings about sexual behaviors among 15-to 44-year-olds. For example, almost 11 percent of young women ages 15 to 19 said they had had some kind of sexual experience with a female partner, a figure that also held true for 15-to-44-year-old women in general. Proportions of men reporting same-sex activities were lower.

The findings on oral sex among teens are sure to stir debate over abstinence-only sex education. Supporters of such programs say they have resulted in young people delaying intercourse, but opponents say they also have led young people to substitute other behaviors, especially fellatio and cunnilingus. The new data tend to support this view, showing that nearly one in four virgin teens has engaged in oral sex.

Many teenagers have fully accepted the idea that postponing intercourse is a good thing to do, Brindis said. When they weigh the advantages and disadvantages of intercourse vs. other forms of sex, they decide that they are far more at risk with intercourse, because of possible pregnancy and the greater risk of infection. Teens also consider oral sex more acceptable in their peer group than vaginal sex.

"They're very smart about this issue," Brindis said, "but they may not have been given a strong enough message about the risks of oral sex. Maybe we need to do a better job of showing them they need to use condoms." Oral sex has been associated in clinical studies with several infections, including gonorrhea, syphilis, herpes and the human papillomavirus, which has been linked to cervical cancer. Condoms and other forms of contraception can be used to decrease the health risks of oral sex, but few teens use them.

"If a substantial number of young people are having oral sex, as these numbers indicate, this is a big concern," said Kristin Moore, president of Child Trends, which analyzed the center's most recent findings.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/15/AR2005091500915.html

2. [HRT]Squirrel Master

[HRT]Squirrel Master New Member

3. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Holy carp, it is like 8 more years of your life that you can still be innocent and naieve!! Keep it, it sucks being all grown up!!

4. Nouia

Nouia New Member

I hate it when statistics scientifically confirm that I'm a loser. :sad2:

5. [HRT]Squirrel Master

[HRT]Squirrel Master New Member

how the fuck does that make you a loser? because you didnt suck dick right after watching cartoons?

6. Nouia

Nouia New Member

Because I'm 19, male, very attractive, and yet still all my hookups have been PG-13 rated at best. I just hate being told how normal and blasé sex is for teenagers when even the slightest thing is a still huge turn on for me.

7. Metacomet

Metacomet Guest

No man, I know how you feel.

I was nuts about this fine girl (she's a year younger then me) for the LONGEST time, and she thought I was great as well. We both stated that we were virgins.

But what she didn't tell me was that she sucked her now ex-boyfriends cock when they were dating. And this ex-boyfriend was a big-nosed faggot, who I KNOW only kept her because he was a jerk.

I found out when I told her, "Any girl who claims to be a virgin and has had oral sex needs to be slapped."

What'd she tell me? " Please don't slap me then."

I was like "Oh fuck. BYE"

Girls are really stupid nowadays, and they think getting on a guys dick is fine if it doesn't pop their cherry.

It's bullshit and I was able to look past it but STILL. I hate the way all of us DECENT guys are now made to feel like prudes because we don't agree with sucking off as a means of 'testing the waters.'

If you're going to get on a guys dick then just fuck him already, otherwise you're a stupid tease.

*sigh* I'm still crazy about the girl though. It's just something that makes me sick to think about, that's all.

8. Metacomet

Metacomet Guest

In the exact same boat.

9. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

So thats a bad thing?? I dont understand why this would be negative?

They are what you make of them though...

10. Metacomet

Metacomet Guest

It makes guys like us (I'm 19 as well) feel like losers because we SHOULD have gotten head! :rofl:

We COULD have gotten head.

But we didn't for some reason. Usually we either didn't push hard enough or the girl just wasn't ready (I.E. horny enough) to do it.

At a certain point I KNOW that girls get this itch to go suck a dick, and it's usually some asshat who comes across them at that point. They have a radar for it.

11. I<3URANUS

I<3URANUS Looking is free but touching will cost ya. OT Supporter

:bowrofl:

12. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

You know what I hate about chicks? It's that they feel like they have to pretend to be all asexual and shit. But, you know what's worse? People who pressure chicks into wanting to be all asexual and shit.

"Any girl who claims to be a virgin but has done oral needs to be slapped."

13. Asses Maximus

Asses Maximus Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns d

You're not alone. I was 20 before I ever did anything.

14. Metacomet

Metacomet Guest

I stand by my opinion. I won't change it.

If you get on a guys dick you're not a virgin. Not like the rest of us people with common sense are. This has nothing to do with condoning a-sexuality it has to do with being honest with yourself.

But the numbers speak for themselves, 50% of people my age disagree.

15. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Agreed totally. Oral sex IS sex, and if you do it, you're not a virgin. Period. I always like to look at the people who tell me that isn't true and say "does it have the word SEX in it? ITS SEX!!" I mean, come on now. That's common sense.

EDIT: And let me just mention that I'm yet another 19 year old in that same boat as you other two guys who posted.

16. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

3, original poster, hem, hem , hem, me too

17. BlazinBlazer Guy

oh shit, I can't even count right at this time of night :hsugh: let alone getting blown:rofl:

18. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

no biggie, its hidden at the top, :rofl::wiggle:

19. scaryice

scaryice New Member

That's idiotic. And you call that common sense.

Losing your virginity = Sexual intercourse

20. sixpercent

sixpercent Active Member

How about you 18-19 year old oral and sexual virgins STFU. Nobody gives a fuck that you didnt get any. I dont care how good looking or bad looking you are. You have your way of living and other people have their way of living. Just because your too pussy to get ur dick wet doesnt mean other people should follow suit. You claim to have the "choice" of to get shit or not, and you made your choice. Stop being a hippocrit(sp?) and stick by it.

21. Dax420

Dax420 Guest

I can confirm the results. When I was in highschool I had a GF for a year who "wasn't ready to have sex" but she still gave me head every day to make up for it. This was the case with many other people in my age group. I did eventualy dump her for a chick who put out......

I miss the head though.....

22. Dax420

Dax420 Guest

:werd: whats with the virgins on this forum preaching all the time. If your a fucking VIRGIN what the hell are you doing in the sex forum? Feelling repressed much? :rofl:

23. yourmamason

yourmamason New Member

Back to the article... I personally think that studies like this convince teenagers that they are not sexually active enough. For example... the guys who are professing their virginity are sad b/c they have not gotten head. Who knows if these stats are correct? Teenagers will then read the article and say, "damn... i need to be in the norm and get some head." How do we know that these s stats are correct? For all we know the teenagers that they survey are giving out false information.

24. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

i Just posted it in here because i found it intresting and figured those in here would enjoy it, and i spend time in here because i find this stuff more fun/intresting than the junk in the main "OT" forums because there isnt alot of bashing crap in here

i could care less if i'm a virgin or not doesnt matter to me one way or another, dont have the time right now to be messing around w/ GF's and all the shit involved w/ them so i havent gotten any because i just dont care enough

25. BlazinBlazer Guy

:werd: At this point in my life, I'm more worried about getting an education so I can get a job, and make good money. I'll save the other shit for later.