SRS Most of my life I've avoided insecurities..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by limited_skillz, Sep 22, 2005.

1. limited_skillz

limited_skillz I'm a dumbass!

It's just built up to this point where I can't ignore them anymore.

First off, I'm a small guy, 5'8" 125 lbs. I'm only 17, and my hair has started noticeably thinning. I used to be what girls called cute hot, but now I'm pretty ugly these days (maybe lack of sleep, but it's not going away).

The worse part about this though, is that I suck at socializing. This means that, in turn, I suck at getting girls. Before, I was just the short, cute guy who could be sweet and I'd be adored. Now, I'm just an ugly guy with no muscle who has no social skills whatsoever, plus I'm a big pussy.

I only have 2 friends as well, and all I do is go to school for 3 hours, come home, watch tv, and do homework. I can't get a job because I need to get 100% in my courses to warrant staying back a year in high school. Even if my social life sucked last year, I still went out a bit, and had a lot of fun. Those guys are in university now though, and I have no intention of making friends with my current grade because theres no point since I only have about 4 more months in school. Not that I could even befriend anyone, even if I tried.

Cliffs- I'm an ugly, short balding 17 year old who has no social life.. and can't keep my mind off those facts.

2. zaphod

zaphod Smashing Treats!

Confidence? It looks liek you feel you have nothing to lose, so take advantage of that.

3. zaphod

zaphod Smashing Treats!

If you have nothing to lose, then nothing can go wrong. Just dress yourself up a bit, work out a little, then go talk to some girls and try to push the feelings away. whenver you feel yourself changing your mind just because you're nervous, think that you have ntohing to lose.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You have to stick thru and be persistant , i know balding is a constant worry Especially for a young male and even for older males but since worrying about it is probably only going to make it fall out even faster i advice you to think about other things as well as letting me reassure you that a completely bold person is NOT unaccepted by society, for instance my uncle was completely bald at 20 years old. He got a expensive hardly to notice wig which even holds underneath a shower. He's married has kids and is living a fine life, not

very muscular too but that's besides the point, what i am saying here its not the end of your life, and its nice to be beautifull but its more beautifull to be nice in the end , spiritually seen then. Society unfortunatly judges on looks, so if it is really disturbing i suggest you get a wig although i am even more sure that thats not what you want to hear, exept that there are more people with the same problem as you. There are many many short girls , at 5.8 you are still taller then a bunch of them, the only thing that i am concerned about is your communication skills. Because when it comes to girls thats everything, therefore when going into a conversation just think ' i don't care

about the outcome of the conversation' , also don't talk to a girl in the sense of 'i am going to date her' but go for dating experience, you need to talk a lot to girls in order to get more on the same frequency with them, short guys can get girls. I have seen that myself and there are short footballers which are very succesfull, in that light do not give up hope. You have to row with what you got , i know disabled people who climb mountains despite that they can't even move their feet. And that is where we come at your case, you have to climb this mountain and get to the top, even tho the odds are against you, if you really get everything out of your body that is in it, then i am sure you will manage.

5. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

I have a hairy cock. Hairy cock. Almost all the way to the tip on the bottom. Even when I shave it, the hairs are back in 2 days. Its so devestatiting...

Oh wait, no. I don't care.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Welcome back Peypomp :)

7. teo

teo . => ? => !

If you're open to improving your physical self, why not take a look at the "start here" threads in the Fitness and Nutrition forum? That'll get you started on muscle, etc. As for balding... I don't know a single guy that hasn't already started balding. From my perspective, and I'm a girl, I don't really care about whether there's hair there or not. Try the bald look if you really don't like your balding pattern; nothing ventured nothing gained and you don't sound too happy about the status quo anyway.

Friends come with self-confidence. Find something you're good at and offer to teach others, or just start by saying 'hi, how are you?' (and MEAN it) to people you interact with on a regular basis, even if it's only the person serving your morning coffee. Also, don't get hung up on the fact that your old buddies are in university and you're not... age matters less in Uni and not much at all once you get into the work force. Heck, one of my closest friends is more than 30 years my senior.

Long story short, it's not the end of the world. Even if you think you've hit rock bottom, the only way to go is up. :) Set some goals, then create a list of small manageable steps to get there. Here's an example:

Goal: Achieve a hairstyle I like by next Friday.
    1. Make appointment with hair stylist/barber for next Friday.
    2. Look at magazines and search online for pictures of hairstyles I like and that suit my head shape and face.
    3. Tear out/Print out pictures.
    4. Take pictures in to stylist and explain what I want.
    5. Get hair styled.
    6. Review - did I meet my goal? If not, figure out where I went wrong, fix my process and try again.

This is pretty basic, but you get the idea. Every goal in life can be broken down into manageable steps. :)