MIL MOS slots question

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by SuperMaWiiOH, Apr 8, 2008.

1. SuperMaWiiOH

SuperMaWiiOH New Member

I have the MOS that I want in mind, but if that MOS has no slots to fill am I obligated to pick another MOS or can I wait it out? I kind of want what I want, not settle for something I don't.

2. MassiveGas

MassiveGas OT Supporter

nobody can make you sign the paperwork

3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

You can ALWAYS wait it out. Too many new recruits don't understand this. YOU are in the driver's seat - right up until you swear in before leaving for basic.

Your recruiter may (probably will) try to steer you into a job that he has a lot of vacancies for, but it is up to you to tell him no and to steer his attention back to where you want him to focus. This is YOUR life and YOUR career.

4. SuperMaWiiOH

SuperMaWiiOH New Member

This is what I figured. He told me if there are no slots open then I will need to pick another MOS, but I'm not down with that. I will stick to my guns.

5. usmcdevil

usmcdevil wouldnt you like to know

6. EYOB

EYOB Guest

Might have to wait until the next fiscal year, which I believe is in October.

7. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Training is hard as fuck. But the actual job could not be easier. Sleep during missions, listen to music, read books, etc. After a few hours, you end up back at the FOB with another "combat" mission under your belt. :ugh:

The only time they ever do anything is when they are called out for a confirmed IED or UXO that a Route Clearance team can't get to soon enough.