GUN moron tries to rob gun store, guess what happens

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by cent, Mar 7, 2009.

1. cent

cent New Member

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/03/police-gun-store-clerk-shoots-robber.html

Police: Gun store clerk shoots robber
    March 4, 2009 6:35 PM | 22 Comments
    Waukegan police said a clerk at a guns-and-ammunition store appears to have shot a man who was trying to rob the establishment this afternoon.

Officers responded at about 1:45 p.m. to Mike Schrank's Smoke 'N Gun, 2010 Washington St., to a call of a person shot, according to a police news release.

There they found a man who had been shot twice in the chest and once in the leg, and a shop clerk who had a gun trained on him, the statement said.

Witnesses told investigators that the injured man went behind the counter and argued with the clerk.

The confrontation turned physical and the clerk pulled a handgun and shot the other man, witnesses said. During the struggle, the clerk also shot himself in the hand accidentally.

The man was taken first to Vista West Medical Center in Waukegan, then to Advocated Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, where he was taken into surgery. The clerk was taken another local hospital for treatment, police said.

Police believe the man was trying to rob the store, the statement said.

In October a 20-year-old man who held up a Waukegan grocery with a pellet gun was shot and killed by a clerk who fired at him after the robbery, as he pedaled from the scene on a bicycle. A Lake County grand jury later declined to indict the store clerk in the killing.

2. Hibidi-Shibidi

Hibidi-Shibidi New Member

Stupid fucking store clerk got lucky.

3. Radicus

Radicus OT Supporter

I think almost everyone at my local impact guns open carries. You would have to be fucking retarded to try and rob a gun store.

Hell, it's probably policy for any employee that works there.

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd: EVERY clerk at the shop/range I go to open carries. Plus they've got two big german shepherds roaming around the shop. Friendly dogs, unless someone tries to cross anyone behind the counter.:noes:

5. sp00n155

sp00n155 You underestimate the insignificance of my penis OT Supporter

Every gun store I've ever been in all the employees and half of the customer base is open carrying. Not high on my list of things I'd consider robbing if the SHTF

6. more off

more off Moderator

sucks the guy shot himself in the hand.

7. Radicus

Radicus OT Supporter

no kidding. fail.

8. Jas0n

Jas0n Антихрист

Sometimes it works. You guys may or may not remember reading about a guy in Topeka KS who owned a gun store... wasn't carrying... a guy asked to see a 1911, and he was handed one, but he had a loaded mag in his pocket so it was the work of about half a second to have a loaded gun pointed at the clerk's face. The robber got out unscathed and took the clerk's truck too, he got caught in Denver because he was driving wrecklessly. Incidentally, the clerk's carry piece was in the truck at the time of the robbery. Fail.

9. Origyns973

Origyns973 New Member

Ditto, everyone at the ones I go to concealed carry.

10. Hibidi-Shibidi

Hibidi-Shibidi New Member

Thats not really the correct place to say "ditto" then.

11. while

while New Member

I would call him lucky but without the "stupid fucking-"
    Looks like the stupid fucking piece of shit thief got what he deserve and I hope he's rotting in hell.

12. Saluki

Saluki New Member

Yeah but this was in Illinois...very little of that customer base is allowed to legally carry, hopefully that changes this year though.

13. no7fish

no7fish New Member

OMG, there is so much fail in this thread but this one nearly made me piss myself: