Morning Workouts for maximal Fat Loss v. Weight Training & Cardio

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by archangel, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archangel

archangel Active Member

This question deals w/ the diet needed for doing weight training versus Cardio and a combination of both, because our schedules can be different during the day so we may have to combine cardio and weight training.

Typically, I like to do cardio (HIIT or aerobic) in the morning w/ only ingesting a cup of coffee or a redline for fat loss. However, there are times when I have to do both weight training followed by cardio. So, should I take in some low carb protein, and coffee? I'm wanting to achieve maximal fat loss plus a good weight training session.

I read this article that says its impossible to do both b/c you need carbs to have a good weight training session and that will create an insuline spike.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/matt13.htm

My second question is do you think the 3 carbs per scoop of ON whey will release insuline thus inhibiting fat loss?

2. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

dont eat carbs after your cardio.. it'll blunt the fat burning process due to the insulin release.

3. Drewski

Drewski New Member

you'll want some kind of protein before any workout after a nights sleep IIRC. After you've slept, you're body is already catabolic. Without ingesting protein, you'll just continue to burn a high proportion of muscle.

4. archangel

archangel Active Member

One thing the Weight Training shares with the Cardio, is the need for fast carbs (sugar!) immediately after the training. Remember - after a workout, your muscles are in a state of catabolism, and the only thing to save them from getting cannibalized is to feed the body something else to eat instead of your own muscles. And it has to be fast!

5. Drewski

Drewski New Member

but wouldn't some whey protein do the same thing minus the insulin response?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.