LGBT Mormons & Prop-8 Involvement...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by blaq19, Nov 13, 2008.

1. blaq19

blaq19 New Member

(I recieved this through a blog, it's also on Dlist)

Mormon money was used to change the subject from marriage equality to what Johnny would be taught in school.

The face of the Yes on 8 campaign (Richard Peterson of Pepperdine) is Mormon.

The spokeswoman of the Yes on 8 campaign (Sonja Eddings Brown) is Mormon.

The Wirthlins (parents who starred in one of the Yes on 8 scare ads) are Mormon.

Mormon PR flacks Glen Greener and Gary Lawrence came up with the lies that scared the ignorant half of California into voting against equality.

Jeff Flint, co-campaign manager, ran Orrin Hatch's 2000 bid for the Republican prez nomination.

The folks waving "Yes on 8" signs on street corners were predominantly Mormon.

Mormon donors were what? 77% of the donor base?

Mormon money paid for the lies to be broadcast.

But now the election is over and they won't be running any more ads so it's a great time to make sure our message gets through loud and clear.

Without Mormon support, the Yes on 8 campaign would've been dead back in August. Now they own this little "victory" ... it's all theirs.

Of the $600,000 anti-gay bigots had in hand to try to ban gay marriage in Alaska in October 1998, $500,000 came from one big lump sum donation from the Mormon Church. That's 83% of the entire hateful campaign financed by the Mormon Church. In California, one study showed that 77% of the donations to anti-gay advocates came from Mormons (it was after those donations flew in that the pro-gay side suddenly started to lose).

The Mormon Church has a long history of trying to forcefully impose its will, its religion, on others. Over the next few weeks and months, we're going to educate America about those efforts.

is this true - ?
    got it offline

http://www.mormonsstoleourrights.com/

2. novo

novo Pokey Man OT Supporter

Yes, the Mormon and the Catholic church teamed up to finance the yes on 8 campaign, which was led by some fuck head in San Diego.

a suit has been filed for the mormon church to have it's tax-exempt status revoked because of it.

3. camarosrool

camarosrool yes i am

that would be awesome payback

4. OakleyTodd

OakleyTodd New Member

The case has no merit since it wasnt the church that gave the money directly. Just another baseless case that will tie up the courst for a while.

5. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

b00 for religious people

6. camarosrool

camarosrool yes i am

ok debby downer

7. perfectquietude

perfectquietude New Member

Mormons are just standing for what they believe in. just as gays can stand for what they believe in. they might have stupid arguments, but the whole proposition is over opinions and moral beliefs. i am bisexual and have my own beliefs and of course it sucks that prop 8 went through (i voted no).. but you shouldn't be angry that Mormons put so much effort into what they believed in. We just need to fight harder next time to get our message out there. I grew up religious so I know how those people are.. they are not out to ruin people's lives, they just want to show what they believe in.

8. philvia

philvia SUCKIN ON MY TITTIES LIKE YOU WANTIN ME CALLIN ME

its never ok for people to put other people down to protect their own religion/beliefs. the point is, the mormons or and religious group shouldn't get a fuck about what other people do. once they start regulating everyone else based off their own religion, its wrong.

9. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

the only problem is that we supposedly live in a secular country, where religion and government are not supposed to mix. Morality is fine, but you can't legislate it.

if i wanted to live in a theocracy, i would have moved to Iran or something. Its bizarre how similar Christian fundamentalists here and Muslim fundamentalists there behave; they are the same people. They just dont know it yet, and for everyone stuck in the middle, it sucks.

10. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member