SRS More then a rant then a question...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RyRy, Dec 12, 2008.

1. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Why in the hell does it take so long to get into a p-doc?! I went to mine 3 times between August and September. I could not go to my October appointment because of work, then due to loss of income had to cancel my insurance. So I decide after basically locking myself in my bedroom for 3 days that I need to get help with shit again. So I call them up, negotiate about 50% off his normal rate since I don't' have insurance and it's going to cost me a current two weeks of pay to come for one 20 minute visit, and low and behold he doesn't have anything open for a month :eek3: So since I didn't really feel comfortable with this one, I heard a name mentioned of another psychiatrist that was a bit closer... $200+ per visit, however if you paid in cash that day they would knock it down to $140 (still 2 weeks paycheck for me) but they couldn't get me in for over a month. Maybe it's just me not wanting to admit my problems, and not wanting to sound needy, but I didn't ask if there was anyway they could get me in sooner. I know I should have but I couldn't bring myself to ask for help sooner, idk maybe I will try calling tomorrow. I sometimes watch some of these rehab shows and think "they have a real problem, I don't, I wish I did so people might understand better" :hs:

2. Televandalist

Televandalist New Member

Thats rough man, and shoot you need a new job at 140 every 2 weeks

3. Redbeard

Redbeard OT Supporter

You want to see a therapist? Why not go through your counties social services? They work on a sliding scale which usually works out to be like 15-50 bux a visit. If you need meds try a general practicioner, my wife and I both got zoloft prescribed to us from a regular doc.