More serious paint damage

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Ardentfrost, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Ardentfrost

Ardentfrost Jesus is so f*kin' metal

Just wondering if you guys know anything about more serious damage like chipped paint, or even worse, rust spots.

It's not serious enough to repaint the whole panel imo, but I'm just wondering if there are any tips or tricks anyone knows before I decide to just polish it the best I can then bury it under glaze, sealant, and wax.

Additionally, I have some trim pieces that, over the past 10 years, have fallen off my car (I live in the south, I guess years of wet, hot heat will do that to glue). Most of one side's trim has fallen off, and on the other side, one piece is missing and another is starting to fall off. I would just assume take them all off, but I'm not sure what would be good for taking all that nastiness off the paint (and removing some of the remaining nastiness from when the previous pieces fell off).

Any ideas would be very much appreciated :)

2. Ardentfrost

Ardentfrost Jesus is so f*kin' metal

bump :)

another piece of trim fell off my car today. Only have 2 pieces left :big grin:

Someone must know SOMETHING about how to deal with these more severe problems.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Severe problems usually cannot be fixed with touch-up paint but they do make kits with small air guns so you can shoot a spot repaint yourself.