More questions v.VW paint

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by spitfyre, Apr 28, 2006.

1. spitfyre

spitfyre OT Supporter

hey guys
    Well My jetta is done but in certain Light I can still see a lot of swirls as i have learned VW paint is a bitch to cut. originally I was using optimum compound but I am going to step up to hyper compound in a yellow pad but i am going to attack one section at a time. i have sealed the paint but i assume a wash with dawn will get rid of the polish/sealant? How long should I work a section with hyer with the PC?

Thanks for any info!!!

2. picus

picus New Member

Don't worry about dawn washing, the polishing will remove any wax/sealant, and dawns kind of rough on trim. Just do a regular wash to remove any dirt before polishing.

How long you work the hyper is up to you. Since it's hard VW paint you'll probably want to work it at least 1-2 minutes per section or more. You'll know when it's ready to come off because it won't be oily any more.

3. spitfyre

spitfyre OT Supporter

Thanks

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

picus is right. Seriously, if Hyper is going to remove swirls, don't you think it will remove whatever sealant is on the car?

I agree, VW paint is a bitch. I detailed a red VW a few weeks ago with very light swirling and I had to use Optimum Compound with a white LC polishing pad and several slow passes to remove them.

5. spitfyre

spitfyre OT Supporter

Yeah I'm retarded:o