More problems with corruption/crashing; help!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Moloko, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Moloko

Moloko New Member

This is the second thread on this problem. I've had a problem ever since I built this computer in september. The computer will randomly crash to a blue screen (windows XP pro) and I have a lot of corrupt files.

Today I installed a new mainboard, because I thought it was the source of my problems. I also low-leveled formated the drives. Afterwords it took no less than 10 tries to get windows installed, and I had to fight through many "cannot read/write" errors and more bluescreen errors showing problems with files such as "ntfs.sys" and "win32.dll", along with random address errors like 0x000024 or whatever. Once I got windows installed, I cant even download the smallest driver file off the net without it giving an error that the data is corrupt. It happened to everything I downloaded. Its also not detecting a harddrive.

I've already tested my ram with memtest and it showed it was fine. I've tried an IDE drive, with the same problems. Before the format, half the times I loaded windows it said "bad direct sound driver" and couldnt find my sound card.

Here are my system specs;

Athlon 3200+ XP
    Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe mainboard
    1 gig (two sticks) kingston 400fsb ram
    Nvidia Gf4 MX5200 vid card
    Creative Audigy2 ZS platnum
    Two Seagate 80gig SATA drives
    ATI TV Card

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I now can not use my computer at all.

2. Moloko

Moloko New Member

Also, in the asus utitility that tells you your fan speeds, voltages, and such, here is what it turning up. For some reason my power supply fan isnt reading.

CPU temp 52/125 degrees
    MB temp 28/82 degrees
    CPU fan 4017rpm
    Power Supply Fan - Not Found
    Chassis Fan - 3013rpm
    +12 volt - 12.928
    +5 volt - 4.973
    +3.3 volt - 3.248
    Vcore - 1.696

3. DaIceMan

DaIceMan Jack Bauer > *.*

only time I've ever ran into a problem with BSODs on install, it was bad ram. But you ran memtest and it showed ok.

Can you run a single stick of ram on your mobo? If so, give that a try and see if it solves the problem.

4. Moloko

Moloko New Member

I took out the SBlive just for shits and giggles and attempted to install the drivers for the onboard sound. I got another blue screen error saying;

"Instructions (something) tried to write to memory 0x000000; the memory could not be "read"."

5. DaIceMan

DaIceMan Jack Bauer > *.*

I kept getting a "STOP 0x00000005124571234o1624213492389473" something or other. I googled that and the gist I got was bad ram.

Scanned with both sticks and memtest showed it was "ok" for about an hour, then a few errors. swap ram slots and got about 19000 errors in the time it took me to get to the power button to shut it down.

6. Moloko

Moloko New Member

Just ran memtest again, got different results.

18 passed, while I had 1005850 errors, all appearing to be in channel 1. Looks like my ram is the next thing on the cutting block.

7. C_Blyth

C_Blyth Guest

is there any noises comming from you HDD, this could be the route of the problem!!!
    with that many errors then is could also be the memory, or just the memory

8. GOGZILLA

GOGZILLA Double-Uranium Member

yeah more than likely this is a ram issue. if youre getting memory issues then somethings wrong with the ram. make sure that its listed in that asus certified memory. i just bought a 512 stick of corsaid value series ddr400 memory and its working fine. i have that same motherboard

9. Moloko

Moloko New Member

I just ordered 1 gig of corsair value, it'll be here tomarow ;)

Right now Im testing each stick by itself to see where the problem is.

10. C_Blyth

C_Blyth Guest

gd gd...should sovle the problem...hopefully!!