TAT More on Stretching v. Inserting Saddle Plugs

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by DreamDemon, May 20, 2006.

1. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

Some of you may remember (although I doubt it ;)) a thread I made a few months ago on the after effects of stretching my ear lobes to an 8g. Well, I did it... and have been sitting at an 8 for quite some time, but I ran across a small problem.

I had in small post plugs with the little rubber retainers on the end, but I kept losing the retainers. I got lucky a few times and found them, but finally the other day I lost one of the plugs themselves. So I went to my local piercing parlor and asked the guy what he thought.

He tried to sell me another set of whta I already had and didn't like, but I decided on getting some stainless-steel-looking saddle plugs. I asked him for advice on putting them in, and he told me what I already knew. He said take a long HOT shower, and try lubing them up with some neosporin to put them in. He's like, "it's gonna hurt a little bit." Well duh.

Well, I have been trying... and it's just not working. And I really really don't want to tear my ears, so I'm coming to you asking for advice on putting them in. I guess I could get some tapers, but it seems like a waste of $ for just putting in one set of plugs.

Any ideas on how I can get this beautifully simple things in my ears? I'd love to hear them :) Thanks in advance.

-Chel

2. Two toys

Two toys New Member

whats a saddle plug? what gauge is it? the guy there sounds like a douche bag, dont go back to him. At the shop i go to if you buy their jewelry the piercer will put it in for free, whether that means actually piercing you, or stretching your ear/nose/asshole whatever. He wont let you buy jewelry thats too big and if your ear/nose/asshole isnt ready to stretch he'll tell you to wait a little while and come back.

3. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Saddle plugs = double flare plugs. Go to a shop and get them to insert them, its much easier.

4. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

They are 8g... just like the size I've been wearing, but the ends are signifiacantly bigger than that I think. And yeah I thought that was a little weird that he didn't suggest that he would help me. It was some newer guy, I'm not sure where the old guy went. That will be on my agenda for when I get home on Monday. For sure.

Thanks for your advice.

5. Suicide Pinai

Suicide Pinai flawed if i'm not free

i had the same problem a while back. i had been wearing regular plugs and never wore double flared ones before. All I did was wait. With me, my ears just naturally kind of stretch a little I guess. I had been a 4 and wanted to put 4g duble flares in and it never did. So I checked back with my ears a couple of weeks later and they finally went in...I guess the hole just stretched within those 2 weeks.

But as most piercers and other people will say. A warm shower really does help, believe it or not. I suggest turniing your plugs while you shower, so it should loosen up the whole a bit, and I used vaseline to put them in and your piercer said put neosporin. There really isnt much you can do. And don't listen to anyone here that tells you to man up and just shove them in. They're just being a douche and will cause you to either tear or get a blow out.

6. No27Blend

No27Blend New Member

dont use saddle plugs/ double flares for small peircings... i went glass for mine up to 6g then went to an acrylic with notches for the orings so they dont pop out... you have to deal with shit jewelry until like 6-2g

you could always get a internal threaded tunnel... those stay in

7. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

Ug, I hate double flares. I can never get them in without cutting my ears up from the larger and sharp edges.