GUN More new toys!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AB13, Nov 21, 2007.

1. AB13

AB13 New Member

Since the Dan Wesson PM7 has passed my little gauntlet and is now been deemed worthy of competition, it's time to start investing in better hardware and modifications and dedicated myself to this gun for 2008.

Last night I ordered my holster

http://www.holsters.com/competition/holsters/model012.asp

And 6 Wilson 47T's (I know I said I don't care for Wilson mags, but this particular 1911 likes CMC 8 rounders, but play better with Wilson 10 rounders.)

And lastly an Ed Brown extended Ambi safety, and an Infinity Trigger system.

http://www.sviguns.com/technical/trigger.html

:x:

Dam limited 10 gear costs more than a lot of guns I've owned before.

2. sprite

sprite Active Member

Nice.

I hear what you're saying about gear... I'm getting together gear for a production Glock 17 for next seasion and I'll easily have more invested in "accessories" than the gun itself.

3. AB13

AB13 New Member

CR speed belt and Versa mag pouches? Here's my G17 production set up.

[​IMG]

This spring, I'm going to build a locker in my shed JUST to house my holsters and accessories. I have 2 dedicated CR speed belts and rigs, and I have to order a new belt just to dedicate to L10. I have more in accessories, belts and holsters than some do in guns. :mamoru:

4. sprite

sprite Active Member

No, TKW holster & pouches on a Wilderness CSM. If I were starting entirely from scratch I'd go with the CR Speed gear, but I've already go too much invested in 1.75" gear to switch. The under/over belt setups are slick as shit.

5. sprite

sprite Active Member

Do you have a custom trigger in your 17?

I'm definitely going to do something with the factory trigger, but haven't decided if I want dick with different connectors & springs or just say fuck it and order a production legal Vanek.

6. AB13

AB13 New Member

If you want to do it once, the rite way the first time. Send your stuff over to Vanek and just get it done all at once.

On my other G17, I have the Wolf trigger spring and a Lone Wolf minus Disconnector with the .25 polish and it's definatley improved the trigger, with a more "crisp" reset.

But if you are looking for a reduced pre travel, shorter reset and lower trigger pull in the 2lb range and have the money to do it, get the Vanek. They are the only trigger kit's that I would put on a glock.

7. AB13

AB13 New Member

And of course, if you want to fool around with using Federal Primers exclusively with your gun, you can fool around with the reduced striker spring and Titanium plunger and SS striker.

My brother swears by it, to me it's not worth the sacrifice in reliability and being locked to using primers that are nearly impossible in stock now adays.

8. sprite

sprite Active Member

Thanks.

I don't reload for pistol cartidges yet and don't have any plans to do so so I'd stick with the factory striker & spring.

This season I shot my 19, which is also my carry gun so I didn't do anything in the way of comp. mods. I'm looking forward to having a dedicated game gun for 08'.

9. AB13

AB13 New Member

Ever since shooting rifles, I don't do muffs because they used to get in the way, and just use ear plugs. I shoot with them off sometimes, my ears are not very sensitive.

I also don't like how it feels when I'm wearing eye protection it would pinch my ears. I can hear fine with them on and it muffles enough of the recoil that I can shoot for several hours without worry. It's also more comfortable during hot summers.

All of my friends that do use electronic ears shoot with Pro Ears.