More N00b Questions

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Zapooku, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zapooku

Zapooku I..Stand Firm...In my Solidarity

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to get a couple of ideas bounced off you guys regarding a couple different things. I read the n00b sticky and found that pretty useful for some general info. I was dissappointed that the thread mentioned bowflexes aren't good for working out. Is this a general concensus that bowflexes suck? I really don't have the actual time to go to the gym which is why I purchased the bowflex and treadmill.

My first question is, if I use the bowflex for press, abs and lats then also use freeweight dumbells for squats and biceps instead of just the bench and bar would this end up working out to tone up? I also run on the treadmil a couple times a week for about 15 min runs. I typically can't run and lift in one day due to my next issue.

My second question is in regards to my body type. I'm 25yrs old 6'3 170 and my metabolism seems to be high. Sometimes when I work out I get dizzy and nauseated and also very overheated. I've tried eating pretzels and balance gold bars in between meals which has helped a little bit with these issues but I tend to get filled up when I eat constantly throughout the day and then cant get in the full meals that actually matter like chicken and such. I've also tried drinking the myoplex original nutritional shakes which are at times hard to stomach when I mix them with water. Is it normal to feel like this at times? What approaches have some of you taken to combat this?

Any info would be great! Thanks!

2. Abomb

Abomb New Member

read the noob stickies again

3. Zapooku

Zapooku I..Stand Firm...In my Solidarity

...ok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.